Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/s 87 corvette race car nasa,scca,nccc

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default F/s 87 corvette race car nasa,scca,nccc

I am posting this for one of our members of TireTown Covette Club here in Akron, Ohio. Here is all the info he passed along to me with a few pictures. Feel free to call him anytime with the info provided.

I can vouch for this car and drove it at Mid-Ohio in the late 90's when the previous owner had it. That was a Corvette TT event & it hauls the mail. Before it was sold to our local member it was COMPLETELY REFRESHED and he only ran it 4 times. Run it how it is or throw the door bars in it and go wheel to wheel.

Times are tough for him he said and it has to go.

Aaron

1987 Corvette Coupe Race Car
ENGINE
355 C.I small block 12.5 to 1 compression (650 HP flywheel) 4 hours on motor $10K +
750 CFM Barry Grant carb, roller everything, Moroso road race pan,, 3 quart Accusump w/ electric solenoid, MSD billet dist, MSD coil ,MSD 6AL box with 5,000 to 7,000 rev chips, remote oil filter, oil cooler, Howe race P/S pump and billet reservoir, 1 ¾ Hooker super comp (powder coated) headers with 3” exhaust to custom mufflers that exit out behind both side quarter panels (NICE), Howe aluminum big radiator with 2 cooling fans on separate switches, fuel pressure gauge, Victor JR intake, oil overflow tank with dual breathers, alternator has larger pulley to preserve life. I always ran 100-octane aviation fuel in car from local airport.

TRANSMISSION
Fresh (4 hours) ZF 6 Speed with aluminum flywheel and triple disc 7” road race clutch. Remote bleeder line for clutch slave/throw-out bearing

SUSPENSION
Z51 with poly bushings and heim joints. Coil-over shocks, 13’ ZR1 brakes with like new rotors & pads. ABS, Corner balanced and aligned. 2,750 lbs minus driver. 4 CCW 18X12 3-piece race wheels with hardened & long wheel studs. Goodyear Eagle NON DOT slicks with 75% life left. Tires & wheels are the same offset & can rotate to any corner. Front tow hook, Dana 44 with 411 gears, 8 gallon FUEL SAFE cell (SCCA, NASA, NCCC Legal)

INTERIOR
New black Corbeau race seat w/April 07 red Gforce 5 point harness, Momo race quick release suede steering wheel, handheld 5 lb extinguisher plus on board Halon fire system. (Motor, driver’s feet and fuel cell area) Gauges- tach, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, volts. Switches- 2 cool fans, fuel pressure, start button, Wilwood brake & clutch pedal with adjustable bias **** on dash, Wilwood brake & clutch reservoirs with front and rear PSI gauges. New (3-2010 $175.00) Optimax race battery. 2 kill switches- 1 by driver and 1 passenger roll bar by window. Removable side lexan windows with Dzues fasteners to keep water out when in tow. (Open trailer) Full roll cage (NCCC, SCCA, NASA legal) no door bars but can be installed easily fro wheel-to-wheel competition. Drivers cooling fan on switch as well. All custom sheet medal interior/dash & door panels.

Exterior/Body
Paint is decent for racecar but has flaking in a few places from old age. No headlights, or any signals etc except for all 4 rear brake lights. Original body (Never wrecked) with original GM GTO ground effect race kit. ($2,700.00) Front and rear standard glass (No wipers-RainX works great) Windshield has small crack in passenger side lower corner out of site. OEM Glass top in perfect condition, custom fab rear diffuser panel to closeout rear area.

Clean Ohio title
(Race Car Only) This car has run most of its life in NCCC competition. I Autocrossed and Time Trialed it in Roadcourse (1 car and 1 lap at a time style) I bought the car in March 2006 and ran Putnam Park Park and Nelson ledges that year. 2007, I ran Putnam Park again and 1 local autocross. 2008 & 2009 I was not able to do any events but always started the car every month and stored in climate controlled environment. I would like to see the car go to a good home and be raced. It is too good of a car to be sitting in my garage. Super fast and reliable and ready to go RACING NOW. Previously owned by Mickey & Peggy Simons of Corvette Atlanta which is where it’s life started in NCCC.

$15,000 (40K invested)

Contact Rob Cummins for more details. 330-212-8149 rcummins@summitoh.net
Old 03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Thats a good price! I have seen this car run at Nelson Ledges and it is very well prepped and sorted out. The new owner will have a very nice car!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Lots of good work there.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dam bargain at 15 nice car, Feel bad he has to sell it
Old 03-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it a few times when Mickey & Peggy (Corvette Atlanta) owned it.
Very fast & real bargin at 15K.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:18 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

how were the times compared to stock c6 z06 running slicks?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rustyguns
how were the times compared to stock c6 z06 running slicks?
When I ran this car back in the 90's it had a lower HP motor in it but still hauled. Given it has a good shoe behind the wheel, it should have no problem going faster. Take an average driver weight of 200 lbs and add that to 2,750 and you got just under 3,000 lbs, that a pretty good power to weight ratio.

Plus at a lot lower cost of a new Z it's a cheaper way to go have fun if your budget is tight. Don't get me wrong, I love the newer cars but a well prepared C4 like this one is still a VERY competitive car these days. Look at what Craig Gelston from the Carolina's could do with his old C4 racer. FAST!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
When I ran this car back in the 90's it had a lower HP motor in it but still hauled. Given it has a good shoe behind the wheel, it should have no problem going faster. Take an average driver weight of 200 lbs and add that to 2,750 and you got just under 3,000 lbs, that a pretty good power to weight ratio.

Plus at a lot lower cost of a new Z it's a cheaper way to go have fun if your budget is tight. Don't get me wrong, I love the newer cars but a well prepared C4 like this one is still a VERY competitive car these days. Look at what Craig Gelston from the Carolina's could do with his old C4 racer. FAST!!!!
kewel
Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That car rocks!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Forgot to mention, he is open to reasonable offers.

Get notified of new replies

To F/s 87 corvette race car nasa,scca,nccc

Quick Reply: F/s 87 corvette race car nasa,scca,nccc