Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PA Autocross events?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Toddolie
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Default PA Autocross events?

I have been searching and reading posts for the past hour or so and still can't find if there is a posted schedule of autox events in or around PA.

I am new into it and am looking to do more events, even with clubs of other marques. If you know of any events around Central Pa, please post them up.

Thanks!

Todd
Old 03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

PA is a big state where do you live?

Bill
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Central Pa, particularly south central Pa has several NCCC clubs that run events; including Cumberland Valley, Central Penn, and Lancaster County Corvette Club - check the NCCC East region web site. Also the SCCA is active in Harrisburg/Hersey and Philly areas. Most of the NCCC events will double or triple events. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
xilr8n
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.scca-cpr.org/cms/index.ph...-2010-schedule
Old 03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Like Bill said - where are you at? The Central PA SCCA club runs a full schedule in the Phillipsburg and State College area (see xilr8n's post above). Wash DC SCCA holds gigantic AX events at FedEX field. Brian Garfield (a member of the Wash DC region) runs some outstanding AX schools. Susquehanna region SCCA holds events at the Giant Center and a couple other locations, they had their first event last weekend. Go to SCCA.com and you can find links to all of the regional SCCA club websites where they post their schedules.

Edit - there is also a new Allegany Highlands SCCA club that started up last year. They had several events last season but I haven't heard what they are up to this year.

Last edited by argonaut; 03-29-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Toddolie
Instructor

I am in Harrisburg. I joined the SVSCC http://www.scca-susq.com/ and just did the 2 day Hershey event and am looking of more events to get seat time.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Harrisburg...we're neighbors :-). I use to autocross a lot, then I discovered track days, haven't been back to the parking lot. It is a lot of fun but I got sick of standing around most of the day to get 5 or 6 runs.

Besides Susquehanna SCCA the other big organizers around us are Wash DC and Central PA. I've never been to Philly region so can't comment on them. There is a group in Cumberland MD that puts on some very popular AX events: http://nationalroadrally.com/info.html

If you ever feel like checking out a full race track let me know. Myself and a couple other local guys go to Summit Point WV, Pocono, Watkins Glen, NJMP and VIR quite a bit. There is an event at Summit Point in May we will be at.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Toddolie
Instructor

Where is CPI and Mid-state?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Toddolie
Instructor

We are neighbors! I live over in Enola. Yeah, there is no denying the standing and waiting, but it is fun and is kinda cheap I guess for what it is. With my budget at the moment, it's all I can afford to do. HPDE would be cool, except I can't afford a BBK, with pads, fluids, race belts etc. I would love to have a dedicated track car again. 20 years ago I was an SCCA member and raced a Datsun 510 at Summit a bunch of times, and once at Nelson Ledges and The Glen.

Thanks for the invite! I'd love to tag along, ride around with you guys at a track event and wouldn't mind helping if needed. Let me know. I regularly go to see Rolex races and have seen them everywhere you mentioned, othe than Summit and Pocono obviously.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Todd

Originally Posted by argonaut
Harrisburg...we're neighbors :-). I use to autocross a lot, then I discovered track days, haven't been back to the parking lot. It is a lot of fun but I got sick of standing around most of the day to get 5 or 6 runs.

Besides Susquehanna SCCA the other big organizers around us are Wash DC and Central PA. I've never been to Philly region so can't comment on them. There is a group in Cumberland MD that puts on some very popular AX events: http://nationalroadrally.com/info.html

If you ever feel like checking out a full race track let me know. Myself and a couple other local guys go to Summit Point WV, Pocono, Watkins Glen, NJMP and VIR quite a bit. There is an event at Summit Point in May we will be at.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
jnaugle775
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Hershey event on Sat. Was alot of fun but to much waiting... I was racing a black c4
Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

If you want to hang out at a track event, Cumberland Valley Corvette Club (CVCC) is having a school Apr 18-19 @ Pocono.
They can be found under PA clubs in the club listings at the link below.
East Region autox events are posted here:
http://www.ernccc.org/home.php
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

I meet some nice people autocrossing in PA

you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 PM
xilr8n
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toddolie
Where is CPI and Mid-state?
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.880...,0.308647&z=12
Old 03-31-2010, 09:35 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mid-State is worth a 3.5 hour drive, CPI, to me, is just a local event.

Harrisburg can also be worth a 3 hour drive depending on the course designer. If David Newman or Sam Strano is allowed to set the course I'd be willing to drive 4 hours to run their courses on the Harrisburg lot.

PCA also runs at Harrisburg but some of their courses have been downright awful.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Yep... CPA and susquehana are both good regions to run in. Susquehana does PA st championships in late July early August every year and those are FUN events.

Like "ted" has stated.. if Strano or Newman do a course... it's worth the drive. I'm in the Western part of PA, so we're too far for you, but you've got some great options there.

Cumberland Maryland is a choice too.. not "SCCA" events, but some High HP airport runway style courses... lots of Cobras, F-bodies, Vettes, etc... lots of fun I hear as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 PM
R Mackow
Racer

Visit www.myautoevents.com and the local Porche club (PCA). The PCA had a good layout at the Giant Center last summer. Also, check the ASCC or SCCA-susquehanna region for Friday at the Track(Summit Point) and Connecticut Autox and ralley team(CART) who do events at Pocono. We did CART pocono north course for $200 = open track on Pocono north course + a 5 car time trial at the end of the day.
Anybody have any feedback on NJMP either thunderbolt vs lightening courses?
Hey Mike get that extra set of keys made?
Rich
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Toddolie
Instructor

Originally Posted by TedDBere
Mid-State is worth a 3.5 hour drive, CPI, to me, is just a local event.

Harrisburg can also be worth a 3 hour drive depending on the course designer. If David Newman or Sam Strano is allowed to set the course I'd be willing to drive 4 hours to run their courses on the Harrisburg lot.

PCA also runs at Harrisburg but some of their courses have been downright awful.
I'm not familiar with either of those two gentlemen, however, I did look into the PCA website and they have a few videos of past events etc, and honestly the courses look simple, and unchallenging. If you're not running a Porsche, you fall into "General" or "Other" category, so that's unappealing also. Seems to be too much of a wine and cheese group. The only good thing is that they do all of the events at Hershey, which is convenient.

Get notified of new replies

To PA Autocross events?

Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Toddolie
Instructor

Originally Posted by AverageVetteNut
Yep... CPA and susquehana are both good regions to run in. Susquehana does PA st championships in late July early August every year and those are FUN events.

Like "ted" has stated.. if Strano or Newman do a course... it's worth the drive. I'm in the Western part of PA, so we're too far for you, but you've got some great options there.

Cumberland Maryland is a choice too.. not "SCCA" events, but some High HP airport runway style courses... lots of Cobras, F-bodies, Vettes, etc... lots of fun I hear as well.
Cumberland does look cool and fast. I would pony up for all events at once for $495 which includes the picnic lunches, 2 tickets to the historic dinner event, but they run each time on Saturday and Sunday. It's too far to go back and forth, and they start early, but I may run down a couple times and check it out. They do have a bunch a cool cars, open wheel cars, Cobras and more to enjoy. I understand they have beer in the clubhouse for afterwards also!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by Toddolie
Cumberland does look cool and fast. I would pony up for all events at once for $495 which includes the picnic lunches, 2 tickets to the historic dinner event, but they run each time on Saturday and Sunday. It's too far to go back and forth, and they start early, but I may run down a couple times and check it out. They do have a bunch a cool cars, open wheel cars, Cobras and more to enjoy. I understand they have beer in the clubhouse for afterwards also!
Yeah... I know alot of our region (stee-cities) will either camp down there, or get rooms @ local places... it's a hike from here too, but I've never heard anyone complain about the events.

Yes... the "corvette ranch" ( I think it's called that ) is a place that everyone tells me I hve to check out. Might be making the trip once this year just to experience it.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

www.phillyscca.com in the solo section

at the end of my write up here is a list of places for looking up solo/road events:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...e-learned.html

Quick Reply: PA Autocross events?