Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau FX1 Pro

Old 04-08-2010, 12:03 PM
PAULY G
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau FX1 Pro

Anyone using this seat for daily driving? Its this vs an A4. Yes, going to the track a lot.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,716 Likes on 928 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I have it in my C4. I drive it daily and its very street friendly. However, it is also tall. If you have an issue with head room go with a Kirkey or Ultra Shield seat. They have padding to make street driving more comfortable.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:34 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Kubs
I have it in my C4. I drive it daily and its very street friendly. However, it is also tall. If you have an issue with head room go with a Kirkey or Ultra Shield seat. They have padding to make street driving more comfortable.
Did you mount yours with the corbeau sliders? I'm thinking about that one myself, but I'm tapped out of room already. I want to side mount mine though and hoping to gain some head room.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,716 Likes on 928 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by shakedown067
Did you mount yours with the corbeau sliders? I'm thinking about that one myself, but I'm tapped out of room already. I want to side mount mine though and hoping to gain some head room.
At first I mounted them with the sliders and I hit my head so I just mounted them to the floor. Also, I cut the feet off the back to make it lower and I still have to take the cushion out of the butt for my helmet to clear. It is a comfy seat, and cheap but doesnt quite fit the C4. I would look elsewhere.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

It is a comfy seat, and cheap but doesnt quite fit the C4. I would look elsewhere.
Thanks. Of course, not many will.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
aspeters
Advanced

It is a comfy seat, and cheap but doesnt quite fit the C4.

A decent race/fab shop should be able to fit the FX1 Pro easily...they could get a FX1 (wider than the Pro) into my C4 with minor mods.

As I'm 6' 3", they forwent sliders and mounted straight to floor.

That being said, I now have a kirkey seat as it fit my size better, and have an FX1 and FX1-Wide for sale; new-in-box. PM if interested with reasonable offer.
-Andy
Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a FX1 Pro in my C5Z, though I don't DD it. But I did drive it on the street a lot. I had mounted it with the Corbeau sliders, and it was just a bit too high and I'm 6' even. Without a helmet on my head didn't hit the headliner, but it felt like I was looking at the top of the windshield. With a helmet on it'd hit. So I mounted it straight to the floor w/o the slider. This was good height-wise, but had me sitting a bit close to the steering wheel. I actually liked it like that for racing, but it wasn't the best on the street.

If you can get it mounted with side-brackets and setup right for your height, or you're short enough to run the sliders I would say there's no reason you couldn't DD it. I actually found it more comfortable than the stock seat.

-TJ
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have a pair of Corbeau A4's in my 87 and they fit very well. I am using the Corbeau sliders, but the seat sits too high when I wear my helmet. The bottom pad quickly pulls out but for track days I lose comfort. For street use, the A4 is comfortable and getting in and out is not that bad.

The biggest issue I had with installing the A4 seat is that the mounting pad bases are vertical and not on the side of the seats like the FX series. After running a number of events last year I have finally found the most comfortable position for the seat back angle and front/rear adjustment. I'll be removing the sliders and making a new low profile bracket to get the seat in the same position without sliders and lowering the seat by a good 3 inches.

Watch the angle of the shoulder harness belts with relation to the harness bar and the holes in the seat back. My A4 seats have the holes too low and there is current;y a V-shape to the belts as they go thru the seat from the bar to me shoulders. The belts should be as straight as possible.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by aspeters
That being said, I now have a kirkey seat as it fit my size better...
-Andy
Do you still drive yours on the street? Any issues with the stock seat belts?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the fx1 pros in my car and although its not a DD I do street drive it, sometimes for hours at a time and find them to be comfortable enough for that. I LOVE them for the track, they are side mounted and I have lots of room above me with my helmet. Im 6'1
Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 AM
PAULY G
Intermediate

Well, height is not an issue for me, at 5'8". This is for a C6 not a C4. Obviously the A4 is more comfortable, but just wanted some impressions from those who spent DD time in an FX1 Pro. Seems like it might be ok.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
aspeters
Advanced

Originally Posted by shakedown067
Do you still drive yours on the street? Any issues with the stock seat belts?
Both seats are fine for the street...they're less padded but much more ergonomic than the stockers.

I have stock belts installed, and move the 5 point harness straps out the way no prob.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:31 PM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bump

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau FX1 Pro

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corbeau FX1 Pro