Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dave Woodle "dominates" (lol) NHMS T1 National on Penske!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Dave Woodle "dominates" (lol) NHMS T1 National on Penske!

Ok, this is a little bit tongue in cheek payback from last years' similar post. Dave had on his car a special Penske 8300 LE that we installed a head valve in it to react as a high speed blowoff for the rough braking areas. This is to make a non canister shock act like a triple in that the low speed bump is controlled differently from the high speed, with no external reservoir. I was watching from the T3 area and you really could see how Dave's car was much more level under braking into the bumps though. Congrats to all, honestly, I think Dave's 15 years of running there had mostly to do with it, Joe and Dave did a great job as well.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
Ok, this is a little bit tongue in cheek payback from last years' similar post. Dave had on his car a special Penske 8300 LE that we installed a head valve in it to react as a high speed blowoff for the rough braking areas. This is to make a non canister shock act like a triple in that the low speed bump is controlled differently from the high speed, with no external reservoir. I was watching from the T3 area and you really could see how Dave's car was much more level under braking into the bumps though. Congrats to all, honestly, I think Dave's 15 years of running there had mostly to do with it, Joe and Dave did a great job as well.
I didn't have much for him inspite of going faster than last year during the race all while on older tires, which means I did better than I personally ever have. Hate finishing second but I feel I actually drove even better than the past 2 years which netted me wins there, I think he was sitting out in front of me 3 seconds on purpose. The 2 A-sedans killed any chance I had if any the last 4 laps, that video has to look crazy and I know has some foul language in it from me yelling! I tried for the "threepeat" but Dave Woodle was just to strong for my setup at his home track. Congrats to him I hope I at least made him try! Now to chase this engine light before VIR this coming weekend.

As for the domination thing, that was 2 years ago and it seems to never die even when others post the same type of crap.......

Last edited by sleeper02Z06; 04-13-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Dave Woodle "dominates" (lol) NHMS T1 National on Penske!