Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mile Marker 1 Runway Event

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
No Go
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mile Marker 1 Runway Event

Had the opportunity to try a 1 mile acceleration run at Dade-Collier Airport with:

www.milemarker-1.com

Beautiful day with ~100 cars showing...everything from a Bentley to Carrera GT to 1000 cc go cart to turbo Hayabusa.

Many Corvettes...almost all C6, couple of C5 and one C4-me.

Did three runs before departing with a best of 169 mph..other runs were 168-consistent.

Certainly a different thrill-one that has more attraction than drag racing actually.

A comparison is my car did 170 stock with 3 miles of runup (not much left)...now it does nearly that in one mile with the mph ticking up consistently.

HP vs aerodynamics-pretty cool.

Two videos:

Run 2 to the front

Run 3 to the rear

They seem to do it every 3 months...for a 100 bucks it was a hoot!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Good runs - thanks for posting the video ! I have always wanted to do one of those mile runs. The closest organization to me requires a full cage, fire system and other safety equip for the speeds the vette can run, so they are not a possiblity.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my buddy was telling me about this as a good alternative to the TX mile. how does this work exactly? I couldn't find any info on their site. Do they let you run for a couple miles or is it a standing mile event?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Hold the phone...

And you call me stickers? LMAO. I figured you had to be lurking here somewhere. I knew that car had some some serious track time...but damn!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 PM
No Go
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CHJ In Virginia: I hear you. This event was not as organized so for what it is worth requried none of that other than a DOT helmet. They hardly looked at the car-had four tires. Admittedly, not much to hit on a runway, but...

AlwaysInBoost: pretty basic...standing start with one mile to accelerate-end speed is your mph. No ET, no run up, just a standing mile acceleration. Runway is ~2 miles so 1 mile to accel and 1 to slow. Drag strip launch wasn't required as doesn't seem to mess with the mph at the end of such a long duration. Hitting shift points right one was my goal (ie not hitting limiter, but running it out as high as possible-especially in 4th).

Eric: those stickers were required! I found it garnered way too much attention when street driven post event.

Get notified of new replies

To Mile Marker 1 Runway Event

Quick Reply: Mile Marker 1 Runway Event