Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 RoadRacing/HPDE tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 RoadRacing/HPDE tires

I know another tire thread quesiton

I currently am running the Firestone Wide Oval RFTs, but the rears are getting low. I went to my first event in Februrary and had way to much fun to think i am not going to go back as much as my wallet will let me.

The front tires have some decent wear left in them, but after this track event the rears will most likely be kinda shot.

I have been reading a lot about the Hankook's Ventus V12 Evo K110 but haven't seen a ton of info about aggresive driving or road racing results. They aren't the Hankook racing slicks so its a quiet brand for comments. Maybe just the rear Wide Ovals replaced would be a good call, they have been good to me so far.

If i am going to track the tires they are going to wear faster than normal no matter what i get, i am looking for a good daily driver tire (not worried about noise since i got exhaust already and eventually will get headers, tire noise is inconsequential at that point) that will treat me well at the track until i get a 2nd set of wheels for the track.

That will come later but one step at a time.

Anyone have any advice for a good balance between daily driver and road racing. Trying not to go broke on them either since daily and 3-4 road events a year will probably not have them last all that long.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Kumho Ecxta XS

Quick Reply: C6 RoadRacing/HPDE tires