Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW TIRE - Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval ***INDY 500***

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TIRE - Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval ***INDY 500***

Let me start with a bit about what I am looking for. I went to my first HPDE event in Feb and got hooked, i plan to go back as much as possible. I bought my car used and it had the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval RFTs on there already. They have been good to me and for a novice at the track let me push the car pretty hard my first time out (I can't wait until my skill hopefully can put some R-compound tires to use). This is my Daily Driver car but i plan to road race it 3-4 times a year if I can get out there.

I am going back to the track in May and my rears will probably be pretty shot after a weekend out at the track. 3.1mi MotorSport Ranch in Cresson should be fun!

This appears to be a non-rft (which is fine with me, i have come to peace with that) that has the same treadwear UTOG 320 and a similar tread pattern as well. They are a bit cheaper (non-RFTs usually are). Looking for some comments how people think they look, if the tread pattern looks odd for a performance tire or what.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....num=45WR6FHWI5

This is them on tirerack, and they do come in the C6 tire size.

http://www.bridgestone-firestone.com...d=2010/100210b
---Notice the 3rd bullet point since they are new.

Just wondering if anyone out there has even thought about these tires, tried them or know anything about them.

I was thinking about the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 but the more I read about them during spirited or "hard" driving like at the HPDEs they don't seem to hold up well at all. They might be fine to cruise around in but not for intense driving.

Any advice would be apprecaited.

Quick Reply: NEW TIRE - Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval ***INDY 500***