Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear View Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear View Mirror

When I leave my battery hook up over night the battery goes dead. I think that I found the problem. The lights on the rear view mirror do not go off. I can not turn them off and the time relay that is suppose to turn them off after 15 minutes is not working it appears.

So it seems like a good time to put in a racing mirror like the Wink or something else. I am looking for suggestion as what mirrors different folks like.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Did you push the button(s) that command the map light(s) to stay on?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, check the map lights, but otherwise... when the BCM went bad in my C6 it was apparently leaving power on to my auto-dimming mirror (and radar detector that's tapped in off the supposedly "switched" power)... had the BCM replaced [under warranty] and haven't had the problem since.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by froggy47
Did you push the button(s) that command the map light(s) to stay on?
If those are the same buttons that turn them off then yes I did.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What about the little dash dimming/interior light ****, just left of the steering wheel. Seem's like just about everyone here(including myself) accidently pushes it in and doesn't know about it. Try pushing it again and see what happen's.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
What about the little dash dimming/interior light ****, just left of the steering wheel. Seem's like just about everyone here(including myself) accidently pushes it in and doesn't know about it. Try pushing it again and see what happen's.
Thanks for the tip. Lights turn off now I feel like a real dumb-***. I hope that solves my issue with the battery.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by beerkat
Thanks for the tip. Lights turn off now I feel like a real dumb-***. I hope that solves my issue with the battery.

Thanks for the help.
I had the same problem last night. I came home from the track and my Grandson helped me clean the car by doing the interior. When I put the car in the garage where there wasn't much light I could see the interior lights were on. No matter what I did I couldn't get them off. So I finally started the engine since the lights normally turn off a few seconds after the engine starts. That is when I found pushing the mirror buttons didn't do anything. Then I pushed/turned the dash switch and they faded out.

Probably the cause for a lot of dead battery complaints. Very easy to hit that button and if you don't look at the car in the dark you won't know the lights are on.

Bill
Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wink with all the panels.. then **** it and mount the right side on the passenger side of the roll bar halo... give you a better view behind you instead of your helmet.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:59 PM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ryan0
wink with all the panels.. then **** it and mount the right side on the passenger side of the roll bar halo... give you a better view behind you instead of your helmet.
Since I do not have a roll bar I need to mount to the windshield, I know that Wink has a kit to do it. I am trying to see what different people are using or is Wink the best option.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I don't like the Wink mirrors, but I like the Longacre ones... they're huge, don't vibrate as much, and my brain doesn't need to process all the individual panels.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear View Mirror

Quick Reply: Rear View Mirror