Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reno-Fernley Racetrack

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Reno-Fernley Racetrack

Finally:
SCCA will have 3 events planned for Reno-Fernley this year, They will include Time Trials, Club Trials and PDX.
The first event is sanctioned, June 5th.
Pending - August 28th and Octobet 30th

All 3 are Saturday events.
Course layout -TBD- but will probably be one of the longer courses. They are working on some of the pavement.

Details at: www.renoscca.com
Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

That's good news Bill. I remember you coaching me for a couple days up there when I first bought my vette . I can't make June 5th, but I would really like to come up in August for a time trial. I'm sure some guys I know would like to come up as well. We had a good time there last year. Who is financing the work on the track surface? Seems like it would take quite a bit of effort to get that track back in good condition.

BTW, what is the difference between club trials and track trials? Do you need a license to participate?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Hey Bill, bet you're a lot faster now but you were driving good even back then.
I haven't been out to the track but we (SCCA) did certify it.
There's always been a bunch of investors who owned the track so, they're putting up the cash. The track's still for sale though.

Club Trials is for the PDX (HPDE) guys running street cars who want to participate in a championship (timed runs). Must be street registered.
Track Trials is for racecars or street cars that meet SCCA tech for road racing.
SCCA menbership req'd for PDX and Club Trials (no license req'd).
Competition license req'd for Time Trials.

Last year there were 4-5 C5s & 6s + a GTR in Club Trials.

I'll be there for all 3, Chief of Tech and instructing.

Hope you can make one.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

If you guys get an event sanctioned in August I will be there. I just started time trials with NASA and have a TT license with them. I'm having a T1 spec cage installed in my vette right now. I think I should be able to run track trials with scca by the time August comes around. It would be fun to get a bunch of NorCal guys and make a trip up there. Hopefully I will see you then.

Bill.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
If you guys get an event sanctioned in August I will be there. I just started time trials with NASA and have a TT license with them. I'm having a T1 spec cage installed in my vette right now. I think I should be able to run track trials with scca by the time August comes around. It would be fun to get a bunch of NorCal guys and make a trip up there. Hopefully I will see you then.

Bill.
...And then we will get you waivered into your racing license and you will come race T1 with us!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Olitho
...And then we will get you waivered into your racing license and you will come race T1 with us!
That definitely looks like the group to be in for great racing in our area. You guys look like you are having too much fun! Sooner or later I would love to join you.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by redtopz

Bill.
Bill, Is your car still registered & licensed for the street? If it is, you can run Club Trials. Time Trials is mostly for full race cars ( this may differ from NASA).

All you need for CT is SCCA membership (no license).

For TT, you need a license. There's nothing in the TT rules that says your NASA license is transferable, BUT SCCA accepts NASA roadrace licenses and visa versa. You could send a note to SCCA Central licensing to find out.

It will be less expensive to run CT (just the membership). This is where most of the C5s & 6s are anyway.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Bill, the supplemental regs for Reno, looks like your license will be OK.

DRIVER & LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
PDX: SCCA membership is required. A weekend membership fulfills this requirement. A
Participation Log is required and is available at registration for no-charge. TT Novice Permit or
Competition License holders, or alternate are not required to have a Participation Log. Long
sleeved cotton shirt, long pants, full coverage shoes and a Snell M 95 or higher helmet are
required.
Club Trials: A current SCCA membership is required. A weekend membership fulfills this
requirement. A Participation Log is required and is available at registration. Long sleeved cotton
shirt, long pants, full coverage shoes and a Snell rated M-95 Helmet or higher are required
Track Trials: A current SCCA membership is required. A weekend membership fulfills this
requirement. An SCCA Time Trials Novice Permit or Time Trials Competition License or higher is
required as defined in the current SCCA Time Trials Rules. The following ‘other’ licenses are
also accepted at Reno Region Time Trials events; BMW CCA, CACC, FIA (Issued by any
sanctioning body), HSR, ICSCC Area Conference License, IMSA, Midwestern Council of Sports
Car Clubs, Miller Motorsports Park Racing Association, NASA (HPDE Level 3 or higher), Porsche
Club of America, West Canada Motorsport Association, CSRG, SVRA, SOVERN, SVRA, HMSA.
The Chief Steward for the event may approve additional licenses with concurrence of the event
Safety Steward.
Driver’s safety equipment includes approved driving suit and SA 2000

The rest of the Sups are at: http://www.renoscca.org/index.php?page=docs
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill32
Bill, the supplemental regs for Reno, looks like your license will be OK.

DRIVER & LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
PDX: SCCA membership is required. A weekend membership fulfills this requirement. A
Participation Log is required and is available at registration for no-charge. TT Novice Permit or
Competition License holders, or alternate are not required to have a Participation Log. Long
sleeved cotton shirt, long pants, full coverage shoes and a Snell M 95 or higher helmet are
required.
Club Trials: A current SCCA membership is required. A weekend membership fulfills this
requirement. A Participation Log is required and is available at registration. Long sleeved cotton
shirt, long pants, full coverage shoes and a Snell rated M-95 Helmet or higher are required
Track Trials: A current SCCA membership is required. A weekend membership fulfills this
requirement. An SCCA Time Trials Novice Permit or Time Trials Competition License or higher is
required as defined in the current SCCA Time Trials Rules. The following ‘other’ licenses are
also accepted at Reno Region Time Trials events; BMW CCA, CACC, FIA (Issued by any
sanctioning body), HSR, ICSCC Area Conference License, IMSA, Midwestern Council of Sports
Car Clubs, Miller Motorsports Park Racing Association, NASA (HPDE Level 3 or higher), Porsche
Club of America, West Canada Motorsport Association, CSRG, SVRA, SOVERN, SVRA, HMSA.
The Chief Steward for the event may approve additional licenses with concurrence of the event
Safety Steward.
Driver’s safety equipment includes approved driving suit and SA 2000

The rest of the Sups are at: http://www.renoscca.org/index.php?page=docs
Thanks for the info Bill. Looks like I could go club or track trials with my car. Hopefully you will get an event for August, I'd love to head back up there.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Oh, we'll get the event, we just haven't applied for the SCCA sanction yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Reno-Fernley Racetrack

Quick Reply: Reno-Fernley Racetrack