Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlins?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Gremlins?

Because of poor factory paint, GM paid to have my car repainted 10/2008. The car is an '08 with 8K miles. Since the repaint I have had to replace both reverse light bulbs at different times (one twice), a fog light bulb and now my driver's side hi beam bulb is out. Also after the repaint the front right hub sensor has been giving me trouble on the track. Under heavy braking it throws the "service active handling/service traction control" warning. CPthunder helped me out last year at MAM in between sessions, he said he had helped dvandentop with the same issue. He found a loose wire, pushed it back in the plug and everything was fine.
The other night I was driving and the dash and headlights went out and came back on two times within a minute.
I'm think I have a loose ground somewhere, but would a loose ground cause the bulbs to burn out?
Any other ideas?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:07 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfinke23
Because of poor factory paint, GM paid to have my car repainted 10/2008. The car is an '08 with 8K miles. Since the repaint I have had to replace both reverse light bulbs at different times (one twice), a fog light bulb and now my driver's side hi beam bulb is out. Also after the repaint the front right hub sensor has been giving me trouble on the track. Under heavy braking it throws the "service active handling/service traction control" warning. CPthunder helped me out last year at MAM in between sessions, he said he had helped dvandentop with the same issue. He found a loose wire, pushed it back in the plug and everything was fine.
The other night I was driving and the dash and headlights went out and came back on two times within a minute.
I'm think I have a loose ground somewhere, but would a loose ground cause the bulbs to burn out?
Any other ideas?
I don't think it is a loose ground, because the reverse lights should be on a different ground than the headlight. Maybe a few loose grounds. Maybe something else.

Would a loose ground cause the bulbs to burn out? If a loose ground caused a bulb to flicker on and off alot, then that bulb would burn out much faster.

I recommend you try to diagnose each problem separately, not try to find one thing that could be causing all the problems.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Gremlins?

Quick Reply: Gremlins?