Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harnesses - Brey Krause Bar Compatability ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:12 PM
c6_rob
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harnesses - Brey Krause Bar Compatability ??

Hello All,

Looking into getting a Brey Krause Harness Bar. I wan wondering what harnesses are you using. Im not concerned with the # of points but mainly how it attaches to the the bar.

Most harnesses I see have a bolt in style on the sholder straps. I think I need one that wraps around the bar. The only one I have seen that advertises a wrap style is Schroth. I just wanted to see whats else is out there.

Your pics and advice are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2010, 03:13 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can order belts "individually. I have wrap around shoulder belts for my B-K bar & clip in ends for the lap belts. I asked for this when I had mine re-webbed.

Most places offer options for ends (wrap around, clip in & bolt down) as well as pull up and pull down adjusters and latch or cam-lock types.

Take a look at Pegasus Racing website and others to see what is available.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The Simpson belts I used to use had to be ordered as wrap arounds for the shoulder harness and clip ins for the lap and sub belts. You should be able to find the link on their web site that shows how to that. The G Force belts I have now are fully adaptable and you can put any end on the belts you want. All you have to do is order the parts with the belts. The FIA rated Scroth belts are probably the best ones you can get. They are rated for 5 years Vs 2 and are comfortable to boot.

Almost forgot, you want pull up lap belts. I purchased my Simpsons as pull downs and always regretted that decision. There is just no room in a Corvette for pull down belts. There isn't any space on the tunnel side to pull down on that belt and you would need very long arm stuck out the door toward the ground to pull down the outside belt.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 05-16-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Harnesses - Brey Krause Bar Compatability ??

Quick Reply: Harnesses - Brey Krause Bar Compatability ??