Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono HOD - Full Course Friday

Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Pocono HOD - Full Course Friday

Who is going?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what is HOD?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
what is HOD?
Hooked on Driving - I think they're running the long course.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Yes Hooked on Driving.

http://www.hookedondriving.com

Great group and tons of track time. Rumor is they are doing 2 of the Nascar turns and the North infield. First one of the season!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I'll be there in a black C5 FRC. This is the same HOD group that is doing the event in July with ECS at NJ Lightning.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there - my first time running my new Z - comming from a cararra. Its a silver 2007 Z06
Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

humm... I might be able to swing this... is reg still open?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

for intermediate and advanced drivers there is availability. Beginner is sold out
Old 05-20-2010, 03:37 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have fun guys, I really like HOD events. The have more run time than most groups have in a weekend (which is nice if you miss a session or two). Also, they are the only group I know that opens up the full tri-oval for the advanced drivers and instructors and they have the best catered lunch's. I use to think they were a bit pricey, but you TRULY get more value with HOD. I'd rather pay $300 for 6-8 sessions, then $260 for "maybe" 4 sessions.

I will be missing this one, but will be instructing at the HOD event at NJMP Lightning in July!!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

anyone know how long reg is held open for? I couldnt find the info on their site. I have some work to do on the car before hand and wanted to get that done before I paid for my reg.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AlwaysInBoost
anyone know how long reg is held open for? I couldnt find the info on their site. I have some work to do on the car before hand and wanted to get that done before I paid for my reg.
Email or call Joe Mills (the HOD owner in the NE): jmills@hookedondriving.com (215-310-5474) Joe has been very reasonable in the past with registrations, he helped me out with a late one a couple years ago.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I did get a hold of Joe. Nice guy, he said he would allow me to show up tomorrow and still get in, however, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I'm sure its a great group to run with, but the deciding factor for me was the $/seat time ratio. HOD was $320 for 5 - 30 minute session. I could do 2 track days w/PCA and get MORE then twice the seat time for LESS then a single day with HOD. the weather should be good tomorrow so have fun!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Thanks, I did get a hold of Joe. Nice guy, he said he would allow me to show up tomorrow and still get in, however, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I'm sure its a great group to run with, but the deciding factor for me was the $/seat time ratio. HOD was $320 for 5 - 30 minute session. I could do 2 track days w/PCA and get MORE then twice the seat time for LESS then a single day with HOD. the weather should be good tomorrow so have fun!
Yea but if they do the Tri-oval : smiliedrool:
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

PDA does the tri-oval too, at least they did last time for the 'grand slam weekend'. Honestly, that high speed stuff doesn't really do it for me. I'm more of a techincal course kinda guy.

hows your car coming along??
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

PDA does the tri-oval too, at least they did last time for the 'grand slam weekend'. Honestly, that high speed stuff doesn't really do it for me. I'm more of a techincal course kinda guy.

hows your car coming along??
slow at best I like all courses I never did the tri-oval
Old 05-22-2010, 05:56 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

It was a fun day, weather was great. Pocono and good weather don't often appear in the same sentance. The event was sponsored by Roush and as such there were a lot of Mustangs in the Novice and Inter groups. I had to laugh however - the combined instructor/advanced group was almost all Vettes. The "Full Course" turned out to be: clockwise out of the pits, thru the north infield backwards, hard right onto the nascar track at turn 2, down the back straight (140-150 for me), thru nascar turn 1, down the front straight (again hitting 140) and then turn into the infield. If was a lot of fun but overall I prefer the double-infield configuration. The LS7s stomped me on the straights, dang those are fast. What speed were you guys hitting? Plenty of track time, 5 25-30 min sessions. Looking forward to the HOD event at Lighting in July.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TGiuliante
I will be there - my first time running my new Z - comming from a cararra. Its a silver 2007 Z06
What run group were you in? I'm pretty sure you were tailing me for some time in the Intermediate group (black C6Z with blue tape on the rear hips)

We were in the C group, but HOD let us do double sessions at the end of the day so I could get some video of one of our buddies (in a yellow Saleen) in the B group.

Great event, and Joe is a really good guy.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by argonaut
The LS7s stomped me on the straights, dang those are fast. What speed were you guys hitting?
I was in the black C6Z. On the back straight I was able to close in on 157-158.

I was surprised that the front straight was a little faster, I saw 160+ twice (while being tailed by another C6Z), its all about how you come off of Turn 1 I guess.

There were a lot of Vettes and more than fair share of C6Z's. Those Porsches didn't stand a chance.

Oh and there were Mustangs' there?

How about that X6?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

run4cvr - I was tailing a black z for a few laps. It was a great event, had a blast driving my car for the first time - very different than my Porsche - these Z's are complete animals but sweet in the turns. I love driving this car much more than my Porsche.

When I pushed a little I hit 160 - 165 on the back straight a few times - damn car had more in it though - i was short shifting!! I gobbled up all my Porsche buddies.

Looking forward to hit Lightening at NJMP

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono HOD - Full Course Friday

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pocono HOD - Full Course Friday