Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with VBP lowering bolts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
rujr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help with VBP lowering bolts...

I am in the middle of intalling new springs on my c5. I have VBP lowering bolts with poly bushings for the rear spring. I have two questions about the install.

1. There are two different size bushings for each bolt. One is a larger diameter that almost (but not quite) fits in the underside of the spring. The other bushing is a smaller diameter and fits perfectly over the top mounting location. Is this the correct location for these bushings?

2. I am concerned about the clearance of the lowering bolt threads from the half shafts. On the driver's side, the threads nearly touch the half shaft right where the dust boot is crimped on with the metal band. I know this will settle out better, but what if the suspension drops out, as it is jacked up now, and the threads contact the half shaft? Do I have this bolt installed correctly, or does it go top to bottom, with the threaded end toward the ground?

Wish VBP sent instructions. I know I am not that screwed up. Hope I get a quick response. I would like to finish the install. Thanks. -Rusty
Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM
rujr
Advanced

They are 8" bolts if that makes a difference.

Also now that I think about it, maybe these are only for the front?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Lowering bolts are for the rear. I would keep searching for an exploded diagram or pictures of the install.

I never installed any on my c5
Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 PM
rujr
Advanced

Thanks for the info. I will keep looking online. I have been looking for a while with no luck.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

photos would help. I've used VBP springs and loved them, but can't really picture the issue in my head.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help with VBP lowering bolts...

Quick Reply: Please help with VBP lowering bolts...