Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-1 Turkey SPOILER

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:29 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default F-1 Turkey SPOILER

Vettle destroys Webber's likely triple! Team must be furious!:o:o:o:o Hamilton and Button get tight at the end too!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Vettle destroys Webber's likely triple! Team must be furious!:o:o:o:o Hamilton and Button get tight at the end too!
Things are not always as they appear. You might want to read these

http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=370595&FS=F1

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ory/18930.html

Z//
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The German backed the German. Is that shocking? Vettel tried to force the pass, I'm just happy he didn't take Webber out completely.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
The German backed the German. Is that shocking? Vettel tried to force the pass, I'm just happy he didn't take Webber out completely.

The onus was on Vettel to pick a safe place to pass. Webber is KNOWN for being difficult to pass, and he was lead car.

The McLaren's pulled the same games, but they gave each other plenty of room. They had some exciting passes, with Lewis winning out in the end. Great racing today!!!

In the end, Vettel and his frustration over breaks on his car so far this season took HIMSELF out of the race, and nearly torpedoed his entire team today.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Still think Vettle is to blame as he was over taking and Webber didn't turn into him.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:28 PM
efranzen
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Vettle may have been faster, but he still turned into Webber before the pass was complete.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Still think Vettle is to blame as he was over taking and Webber didn't turn into him.
agreed. 100% blame to vettel. Webber frequently pulls shenanigans when he is being passed, but this time wasn't one of them.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:42 PM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the best F1 races I have seen
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 1991Z07

The onus was on Vettel to pick a safe place to pass. Webber is KNOWN for being difficult to pass, and he was lead car.

The McLaren's pulled the same games, but they gave each other plenty of room. They had some exciting passes, with Lewis winning out in the end. Great racing today!!!

In the end, Vettel and his frustration over breaks on his car so far this season took HIMSELF out of the race, and nearly torpedoed his entire team today.
You just contradicted yourself. Yes, it is the passERS responsibility to pass safely...with that said, Vettel had a little more than a car length inside Webber to pass, plenty of space to go through; so he took it, like anyone would have done. Being known for "being difficult to pass" is no excuse for leaning on/turning into the car passing him that has no where to go but off track (ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S YOUR TEAM MATE!!!). Comes to exactly what you pointed out with Hamilton/Button, they gave each other racing room. Had Webber given Vettel racing room there would not have been a problem and the race would have probably finished Red Bull 1/2 and Mclaren Mercedes 3/4
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

The way I saw it, Webber was pretty clearly taking racing room away from Vettel
Old 05-30-2010, 08:02 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
I didn't see Webber turn down on Vettel. Vettel had a car width and a bit and once he got mostly alongside Webber *he* moved to the right in to Webber...
Old 05-30-2010, 08:38 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

might want to hit the pipe a little more ... i mean to deal with the glaucoma of course.

webber didn't turn into Vettel, and the track didn't pinch Vettel off (like the infamous bergmeister ALMS incident last year). Vettel had racing room but wanted to improve his line. he assumed Webber would move but he was wrong.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
might want to hit the pipe a little more ... i mean to deal with the glaucoma of course.

webber didn't turn into Vettel, and the track didn't pinch Vettel off (like the infamous bergmeister ALMS incident last year). Vettel had racing room but wanted to improve his line. he assumed Webber would move but he was wrong.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mousecatcher

And apparantly the Red Bull team Boss thought Webber should have moved over..

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...blames-webber/
Old 05-30-2010, 09:29 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by joemoia
well of course he did, he gave team orders ("save fuel") for webber to let vettel by.

and in fact Webber definitely should have moved over. but he didn't and since he didn't Vettel should not have driven over him. Webber's bad judgement doesn't clear Vettel of his mistake.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:53 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I think It was 50 50 on both drivers. Vettel shouldn't have turned in, but Webber didn't give him much room around the corner. I thought it was interesting at the press conference that no one seems very excited to be there. Hamilton hasn't won in a while, but I don't think he liked winning that way. It was a great race.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by joemoia

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...blames-webber/
then they should have told him. Could prove to be a Championship losing moment.

Last edited by John Shiels; 05-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To F-1 Turkey SPOILER

Old 05-30-2010, 10:23 PM
efranzen
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw this posted on another forum. It definitely doesn't look like Webber turned in on Vettel to me.

And team mates or not, Webber was leading the championship. You're not going to just give up a position easily.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

You just contradicted yourself. Yes, it is the passERS responsibility to pass safely...with that said, Vettel had a little more than a car length inside Webber to pass, plenty of space to go through; so he took it, like anyone would have done. Being known for "being difficult to pass" is no excuse for leaning on/turning into the car passing him that has no where to go but off track (ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S YOUR TEAM MATE!!!). Comes to exactly what you pointed out with Hamilton/Button, they gave each other racing room. Had Webber given Vettel racing room there would not have been a problem and the race would have probably finished Red Bull 1/2 and Mclaren Mercedes 3/4
Webber was following HIS line into the turn. Just because Vettel "nearly" overtook him and was not quite alongside does NOT mean the you must give him the right of way.

They showed it from 4 or 5 different angles, in slow motion and Vettel turned into Webber, and took his own suspension off the car. He was lucky they both didn't get put out of the race.

I guess that's the difference between being a wannabe racer and an F1 stud. If you have position, you don't just "give it up" in F1. You defend it.

And in case you need more proof...see the stills above.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:04 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1991Z07
Webber was following HIS line into the turn. Just because Vettel "nearly" overtook him and was not quite alongside does NOT mean the you must give him the right of way.

I guess that's the difference between being a wannabe racer and an F1 stud. If you have position, you don't just "give it up" in F1. You defend it.

And in case you need more proof...see the stills above.
Well, I was wrong about Webber moving over, but you contradicted yourself again...look at the photos, Vettel was ahead. And I never said you HAVE to give anyone the right of way.

oh, if you're referring to me as being a "wannabe" racer, you're pretty damn far off your rocker with that comment

Quick Reply: F-1 Turkey SPOILER