Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z06 oil cooler on '07 z51

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default z06 oil cooler on '07 z51

I have an '07 Z51 with the built in radiator oil cooler, non external as in late '07/08/09.

If I upgrade to the Z06 cooler, I presume I'm going to need the new Z06lines or come up with something inventive as my lines end at the radiator.

Also, what will I need to do about blocking off the radiator line openings?!

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:41 PM
xsspd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rob, I am glad to see your post as I have been asking the same question over the last couple of days. I spoke with one of the techs at Scoggin Dickey Parts Center just this morning. He said that the Z06 oil cooler will work but that we'll need the Z06 oil lines too because the Z51 oil lines would not be long enough. Since the GM Z06 oil cooler and lines will cost over $550 I am now looking for an aftermarket soultion from Ligenfilter, Katech, LG, etc.

An aftermarket solution will require oil cooler adapater which mounts to the oil pan/oil filter allowing hoses with AN10 fittings to connect between the oil cooler and oil port. LG has a nice oil cooler, Ligenfilter has the adapter, now I am trying to find someone that has custom fit lines for the C6 Z51.

I spoke with Ligenfilter earlier too, they offer an oil cooler kit for the C5 but not the C6. He said the lines in their C5 kit would probably not fit our C6.

BTW - There is a great post, "DIY - DRM C5 Oil Cooler Install", on the forum that has photos and writeup, but the application is for a C5.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
I have an '07 Z51 with the built in radiator oil cooler, non external as in late '07/08/09.

If I upgrade to the Z06 cooler, I presume I'm going to need the new Z06lines or come up with something inventive as my lines end at the radiator.

Also, what will I need to do about blocking off the radiator line openings?!

Thanks.
You shouldn't need to do anything with the radiator fittings, once the oil is done draining nothing else will happen.
As to the lines yes the Z06 lines are needed and you will need to loosen the left side motor mount and jack up the engine a bit to get the lines in. actually the hardest part is getting the radiator shroud from the front of the radiator in and out. after I did it I wished I had bought a Zo6 part so the mounting holes were just where they needed to be.

Get notified of new replies

To z06 oil cooler on '07 z51

Quick Reply: z06 oil cooler on '07 z51