Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Mountain Here I Come!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Spring Mountain Here I Come!

My son is moving to Las Vegas so Spring Mountain here I come, when we visit him. Probably not until early in 2011. I am thinking about the 2 day ZR-1 since my Vette has the TVS 2300 from LPE and my only track experience was a HPDE at VIR. My wife probably won't tolerate me taking more than 2 days.
Larry
Old 06-08-2010, 07:53 AM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the track at S.M. I've been through both the 3day and the 2 day advanced courses. The instructors were always helpful and very skilled at relaying exactly what you were doing wrong (and right). Have fun.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:43 AM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Hi Larry,

We look forward to seeing you! Let me know if you have any questions.

You might want to start working on your wife about the 3rd day now

Seriously, the 3rd day of the ZR1 school pulls everything together. It's mostly track time and really gives you the chance to practice your new skills. You can always set your wife up with a massage at the track while you're running around the track

Take care,

Ken

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks! Donna has been very helpful and she will get me the 2011 schedule when available. My experience with my own blown Vette at a VIR HPDE was that I was physically beat to death after one day. While I know now that I need to do some conditioning and I need to eat better the day/night before, 2 days is still all I think that I can handle. Moreover, my wife will resent any time spent away from our son as this is his first move out-of-state. I'll be on my own at the facility, I expect, but I'll work on her.
Larry
Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 AM
socalspringmountain

Larry,

You're in good hands with Donna, she is great!

You've hit on something that many don't realize, performance driving is a workout! A friend of mine said, "It's like working out while playing chess." Getting a good night sleep before each day and eating well is critical.

You have the right ideas. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Take Care,

Ken
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 PM
billy25us
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hitting Spring Mountain on my Las Vegas trip was a blast. I am looking forward to going again. Let John know that I will be bringing a player this time and if we win we get a discount on the school.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 AM
socalspringmountain

Originally Posted by billy25us
Let John know that I will be bringing a player this time and if we win we get a discount on the school.
If you can bring someone who can beat him in racquetball, I'm sure he would give you a discount!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I went for the 3 day school back in early 08 and it was more fun than my first two honeymoons, combined

I will go back again for a Vette gathering one day and take my beautiful new wife who would support me taking a whole week package if offered because she is wise, kind and loving enough to let me be me and in fact insists I am. Pretty damn lucky to have such a wonderful wife!

That said, plan it out, take more days, do something really special for your wife, get that third day in, the first two are not as intense as a normal HPDE, they know how to keep you from burn out. The last day is pure driving heaven and just should not be missed

I have done plenty of HPDE, TT, etc events before and after and the school taught me things I never knew and I am much better for it.

And, everybody there are just dang wonderful people to hang out with and learn from, most highly recommended to attend and for 3 days!!!

Rick
Old 06-17-2010, 09:31 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Several of us head up to S.M. from San Diego for Corvette Track Days in the spring and fall. It is an absolute blast. The people at S.M. are all terrific and the participants are friendly and watch out for each other.

Get notified of new replies

To Spring Mountain Here I Come!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spring Mountain Here I Come!