Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo GTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:03 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Brembo GTR

Does anyone have a price on a Brembo GTR setup for the front of my Z06.
I have the GT setup now front and rear and would like to upgrade the front to GTR.

What is the rotor size?
Who makes racing pads that fit?

I ask these question because if I need to know if I can continue to use a stock Z06 wheel on the front or would need to upgrade all ove my wheels. I currently have a set of forgelines that are 18" all around and two sets of factory rims. All of them clear the 14" rotors of the GT kit. Anything larger than 14" and I will have to buy all new rims.

Plus if you can only buy pads from Brembo and no one else offers them (IE - Hawk, Carbotech, etc) - they will be very expensive. I'm guessing $700-800 just for the front - when a comparable carbotech/hawk pad would be in the $300 range.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Does anyone have a price on a Brembo GTR setup for the front of my Z06.
I have the GT setup now front and rear and would like to upgrade the front to GTR.

What is the rotor size?
Who makes racing pads that fit?

I ask these question because if I need to know if I can continue to use a stock Z06 wheel on the front or would need to upgrade all ove my wheels. I currently have a set of forgelines that are 18" all around and two sets of factory rims. All of them clear the 14" rotors of the GT kit. Anything larger than 14" and I will have to buy all new rims.

Plus if you can only buy pads from Brembo and no one else offers them (IE - Hawk, Carbotech, etc) - they will be very expensive. I'm guessing $700-800 just for the front - when a comparable carbotech/hawk pad would be in the $300 range.
Who makes racing pads that fit? CARBOTECH!

No matter what caliper you have, Carbotech is the only brake pad mfg in the world that can make a brake pad for any caliper. We can custom make anything and we do alot of gtr stuff.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:07 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

short-throw has a front set for sale he used on his z06 and also the track car, get in touch with him doubt you will find a better price i would think it would fit on stock wheels but would need longer front studs and also a spacer but would work ok
Old 06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1569261518-post680.html
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 AM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dvandentop
short-throw has a front set for sale he used on his z06 and also the track car, get in touch with him doubt you will find a better price i would think it would fit on stock wheels but would need longer front studs and also a spacer but would work ok
Derek - Thanks for the info. I will contact him and ask some questions.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

CL Brakes also makes pads for the Brembo GT-R BBK. I have an Evo running their RC8 compound on that setup. His name is Trent Choi. You can see his car about 1/2 way down this page...red one with crazy graphics and white wheels: http://www.essexparts.com/brake-pads...s/cl-customers

He's running 650-800 whp!

Also, if you're thinking about dropping that kind of coin. Gary at Hardbar has put together a kit using the AP Racing Radi-Cal. The Radi-Cal is a far more advanced design, and are comparable to what the ALMS vettes are running. They have all the latest cutting edge technology, including integrated cooling ducts: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...tive-****.html

They are totally insane, and just holding them in my hands makes me giddy.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:07 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
CL Brakes also makes pads for the Brembo GT-R BBK. I have an Evo running their RC8 compound on that setup. His name is Trent Choi. You can see his car about 1/2 way down this page...red one with crazy graphics and white wheels: http://www.essexparts.com/brake-pads...s/cl-customers

He's running 650-800 whp!

Also, if you're thinking about dropping that kind of coin. Gary at Hardbar has put together a kit using the AP Racing Radi-Cal. The Radi-Cal is a far more advanced design, and are comparable to what the ALMS vettes are running. They have all the latest cutting edge technology, including integrated cooling ducts: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...tive-****.html

They are totally insane, and just holding them in my hands makes me giddy.
Do you have the RC8 compound for the Brembo GT BBK yet?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Carbotech™ XP10™ (1110™)
When Carbotech unleashed the XP10™ to the general public, and it was an instant success, gathering multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10™ is a very high initial bite friction material, with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1650°F. Due to the high level of friction and bite, this material is recommended for cars weighing around 2,000lbs or more, not including formula cars and cars with brake bias bars weighing less than 2,000lbs. This is the preferred compound for the front of Spec Miata racers, SSC,SSB, T3, SRF, ITS, ITE, H1,H2, H3, H4, 944 Cup, ST, GS, Factory Five Cobra’s and many more Grand-Am/ALMS/SCCA/NASA classes. XP10™ is also ideal for advanced/instructor level HPDE drivers. XP10™ still maintains the highly praised release and excellent modulation, rotor friendliness, and 100% non-corrosive dust that have made all Carbotech compounds so successful. XP10™ is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP12™ (1112™)
The latest iteration of the highly successful XP™ series of compounds with an extremely high initial bite, torque and fade resistance than compound XP10™. XP12™ is a world leading friction compound that is unmatched as a Ceramic racing compound, with a temperature range of 250°F to 2000°F+. The XP12™ still has that excellent Carbotech release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech compounds so successful. The XP12™ is the most rotor aggressive compound Carbotech offers, but compared to the competition the XP12™ is still very rotor friendly and contains 100% non-corrosive dust. XP12™ is recommended only for expert/very advanced drivers. XP12™ is found to be most affective on race cars weighing 2,400lbs or more using R-Compound tires; or street cars weighing 3,200lbs or more for track use only. Ideal for LMP1, LMP2, DP, T1, T2, T3, H1, H2, GT1, GT2, GT3, TC, GT, ST, GS, MX-5 Cup, etc… XP12™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Carbotech™ XP16™ (1601™)
The second compound to be released this year from Carbotech. It is a step up from the highly successful XP12 compound. The XP16™ leads the highly touted XP™ series line of compounds from Carbotech. With an extremely, and we mean extremely high initial bite, torque and fade resistance than compound XP12™. XP16™ is a world leading friction compound that is unmatched as a Ceramic racing compound, with a temperature range of 250°F to 2000°F+. Carbotech XP16™ still has outstanding release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech compounds so successful. The XP16™ is the most rotor aggressive compound Carbotech makes, but compared to it's competition the XP16™ is still very rotor friendly and contains 100% non-corrosive dust. XP16™ is recommended only for expert/very advanced drivers. XP16™ is found to be most affective on race cars weighing 3,000lbs or more using R-Compound tires only. Ideal for sprint use only in classes such as T1, T2, H1, GT1, GT2, GT3, GT, GS, DP, P1, P2, etc… Not recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 PM
J Ritt
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the RC8 compound for the Brembo GT BBK yet?
Yes. We have the CL RC8 for the Mono 6 on order with CL...should be here in a few weeks. The Mono 4 is on the shelf in our warehouse. We are accepting orders for both now:

RC8 for Brembo Monobloc 6:
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake...-pads-283.html

RC8 for Brembo Monobloc 4:
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake...-pads-192.html

Last edited by J Ritt; 06-09-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added links to parts
Old 06-09-2010, 07:13 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Yes. We have the CL RC8 for the Mono 6 on order with CL...should be here in a few weeks. The Mono 4 is on the shelf in our warehouse.
ping me once you have them
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Wow - an amazing amount of information on this page. It's just unfortunate that none of it actually helps me.

Derek - thanks for the info and I'll follow up on it.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Cobalt in the past has said they'd be willing to make pads if you can send them a backing plate or shape and thickness... just like Carbotech.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:28 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Wow - an amazing amount of information on this page. It's just unfortunate that none of it actually helps me.

Derek - thanks for the info and I'll follow up on it.
no problem man hope i saved ya some $$$ over new
Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Yes. We have the CL RC8 for the Mono 6 on order with CL...should be here in a few weeks. The Mono 4 is on the shelf in our warehouse. We are accepting orders for both now:

RC8 for Brembo Monobloc 6:
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake...-pads-283.html

RC8 for Brembo Monobloc 4:
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake...-pads-192.html
Are these in stock yet?

Get notified of new replies

To Brembo GTR

Quick Reply: Brembo GTR