Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alpine Track in Pa. Needs YOUR help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Snuckley
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alpine Track in Pa. Needs YOUR help !!!

Many of you know me from various paddocks over the years as I walked into your trailer giving you a track map for the Alpine Motorsports Park project we have working on for 9 long years. This project has been grass roots all the way. We have been held up by unfair legal delays prompted by a group of angry neighbors. The project was started by car lovers for car lovers. We have no corporate sponsors, wealthy philanthropists or public help. Myself and about 20 other car guys have paid $$$ over 9 years to engineers, lawyers, architects and other experts. Many of the "sub-contractors" are car guys who came to the project as an expert in their field and a driver. Most of these folks have worked gratis in exchange for a piece of the pie. Most of us live under 3 hours from the site and long for a great auto circuit in our backyard. Well, we have come close to "the end " as we are 2 months away from out last court date to regain our last certificate to start building, but we are out of funds. We " THE INVESTORS " are now offering investment opportunity to all of you- the deal will include free membership etc etc. ...You haven't seen us in Autoweek of the Robb report because we have been using every dollar to keep the project alive thru endless court appeals by our opponents. Contact us thru the website www.AlpineSignature.com or pm me here. Again our track is offering over 200 trackdays/yr to members in Eastern Pa. Anyone with a membership deposit- your money is in escrow and will be returned if we cannot raise alittle more working capitol to keep it alive.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Snuckley
Racer

Sorry to not have introduced myself again, but I am Bob a regular guy with a Corvette habit. I was attracted to the project at it's inception. I am a self employed guy who hates schedule tracktime weeks or months in advance, only to be rained out or miss a big money day at the shop. Please contact us if you live anywhere near the track, it will be a sad day if we have to stop moving forward over a relatively small amount of cash. We the original investors are diluting our shares to almost nothing and giving any new guys full equity in 300+ beautiful acres.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Snuckley
Many of you know me from various paddocks over the years as I walked into your trailer giving you a track map for the Alpine Motorsports Park project we have working on for 9 long years. This project has been grass roots all the way. We have been held up by unfair legal delays prompted by a group of angry neighbors. The project was started by car lovers for car lovers. We have no corporate sponsors, wealthy philanthropists or public help. Myself and about 20 other car guys have paid $$$ over 9 years to engineers, lawyers, architects and other experts. Many of the "sub-contractors" are car guys who came to the project as an expert in their field and a driver. Most of these folks have worked gratis in exchange for a piece of the pie. Most of us live under 3 hours from the site and long for a great auto circuit in our backyard. Well, we have come close to "the end " as we are 2 months away from out last court date to regain our last certificate to start building, but we are out of funds. We " THE INVESTORS " are now offering investment opportunity to all of you- the deal will include free membership etc etc. ...You haven't seen us in Autoweek of the Robb report because we have been using every dollar to keep the project alive thru endless court appeals by our opponents. Contact us thru the website www.AlpineSignature.com or pm me here. Again our track is offering over 200 trackdays/yr to members in Eastern Pa. Anyone with a membership deposit- your money is in escrow and will be returned if we cannot raise alittle more working capitol to keep it alive.
Sent you PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Snuckley
Racer

This is serious , if anyone lives near Pa/NJ/NY/Ct. we tried to build this for you. We the crazy carguy investors have spent over $3,000,000 of our hard earned bucks to try to make it happen. We are willing to "give away the ranch" to anyone willing to help us keep things going to the final court date. thanks for listening & "Hey , we can't it with us, mine as well burn up some brakes and tires."
Old 11-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Maynor29
Instructor

Just tuning in.. any updates on the track?

John
Old 11-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Snuckley
Racer

court date coming up after 2 delays by Pa. Insane, we are still fighting the battle. We should probably plan for 440v quickchargers and Hydrogen faucets, instead of Sunoco 93/100/110 pumps at this rate.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:10 PM
TC-Vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Snuckley
court date coming up after 2 delays by Pa. Insane, we are still fighting the battle. We should probably plan for 440v quickchargers and Hydrogen faucets, instead of Sunoco 93/100/110 pumps at this rate.
I hadn't heard anything from the AMP mail-list for quite a while, so this had fallen off my radar. There haven't been any new posts on http://www.alpinesignature.com/news.html for a year either. I'm glad I caught this post on CF!

I'm hoping things continue moving forward - I have an idea where I might want to invest my 2010 tax return now...

BTW -
I'm also hoping the long course with the hairpins can be run clockwise so it could function as a hillclimb event.
Also, any chance the zoning might allow for an dirt/gravel course on the premises to support SCCA RallyCross? There are quite a few Subie owners in these parts who would love to have a legal place to kick up some dust!

Last edited by TC-Vette; 11-21-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Alpine Track in Pa. Needs YOUR help !!!

Quick Reply: Alpine Track in Pa. Needs YOUR help !!!