Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS leaking

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:23 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS leaking

I've got fluid leaking from the top of the ABS module. The fittings appear tight.
I would like just once, a week that nothing needs attention on my car. I've got 4 days to get this thing fixed before I head to Hallett. Anyone experience this? is there anything special about changing it? I don't have a Tech II, so I'm guessing this needs to be done at a shop that does to ensure the ABS is bled properly?

Oh yeah, Happy Fathers day.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by johninar
I've got fluid leaking from the top of the ABS module. The fittings appear tight.
I would like just once, a week that nothing needs attention on my car. I've got 4 days to get this thing fixed before I head to Hallett. Anyone experience this? is there anything special about changing it? I don't have a Tech II, so I'm guessing this needs to be done at a shop that does to ensure the ABS is bled properly?

Oh yeah, Happy Fathers day.
I would pull the EBCM and check where it mounts to the BPMV. I believe you can get leaks around the solenoid valves there. If it is leaking there you will need a new BPMV. Don't know if the EBCM could be damaged by a leak.

Bill
Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I got my son to step on the brake while I looked. It appears to be leaking around one of the fittings on top of the BPMV. I don't have a wrench that works at that angle, but it appears tight. I think I'll just take it in tomorrow morning. I don't have time to try and fix it myself.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS leaking

Quick Reply: ABS leaking