Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removable Tow Hooks - Any Types Available ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:48 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Removable Tow Hooks - Any Types Available ?

I want to put a tow hook system on the Vette. Don't want to use a fixed or hinged system like the neat one Phoenix sells because the car is still street driven about half the time. I would like to design - build / purchase some sort of system similar to the Porsche screw in eye units. Something that can run through the grill and screw in to a secure base for a track day and then be removed for street use. Anybody know of a vendor making such a system ? Has anyone built their own and would you be willing to share info ? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phoenix has a new style where you screw in the eye-bolt and you can take it out for street driving. HardbarUSA also sells a tow-strap-style tow hook that you can fold back inside the fascia for street driving.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

loop some 1/4" steel cable around the front frame rail...just tuck it away inside the bumper when not in use.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:10 PM
fastrash
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know of a vendor making such a system ? Has anyone built their own and would you be willing to share info ? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remeber a thread on just this subject....had a drawing for it....try the search feature (I'm not real good at it or I'd tell you more details....takes me a while but I eventually find what I'm looking for.

I also know Phoenix makes one for the front...the rear is fixed / not a screw in.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I got the nylon straps from Hardbar. Just tuck them away when not in use. They are really hard to see. I have only installed the one on the rear bumper. I have a Vararam so not exactly sure how it will work on front. Putting accusump on after 4th so I will take front bumper off also to get a look at how to install.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
ninjavette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-for-sale.html

Get notified of new replies

To Removable Tow Hooks - Any Types Available ?

Quick Reply: Removable Tow Hooks - Any Types Available ?