Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbotech Performance Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Default Carbotech Performance Brakes

We take you deeper into the corners & across the finish line first.
When you want the control and modulation to take your track-bred car deep into the turns, you need unsurpassed Carbotech brake technology. Going deep before you brake allows you to stay on the accelerator longer going into the corner and even faster coming out.

If you're a professional racer, or if you're taking your street car to the track for club events, Carbotech has the best braking solution. That's why we are becoming the #1 manufacturer of performance brake pads around the world with professional and club racers--everyone who demands the best. At Carbotech, we've been heavily involved in club and professional racing for more than 17 years. We know what you need to win.

Smarter construction.
Only Carbotech uses a proprietary Ceramic and Metallic brake construction, not the carbon and iron used in conventional brake systems. Since carbon and iron combine to form carbide, which is used in cutting tools, you can imagine what those brakes are doing to your rotors.

Carbotech Performance Brakes utilize true race compounds that are "rotor friendly," eliminating the grabbing and locking up that keep so many drivers and race cars from performing at their peak. You want to go deep to gain those precious fractions of a second before you need to brake, and only Carbotech brakes let you do just that. In every turn, all race long.

Custom solutions.
Designed by racers for racers, Carbotech brakes can be specified to meet the needs of your car and driving style. Just give us a call and we can recommend the compounds that will be perfect for your front and rear pads and shoes, assuring that they perform together with optimum effectiveness.

Warning for Carbotech customers:
A website called JDM Hub has started listing Carbotech brake pads as "In Stock" and claims "Stock is synchronized (weekly) with JDM Hub's / JDM Hub's suppliers' and Carbotech's inventory and is subjected to change." These statements are false. JDM Hub is not currently and has never been a distributor for Carbotech. They have never placed even a single order with us and have no connection or knowledge of Carbotech's inventory levels. We suggest using extreme caution when ordering from JDM Hub and urge you not to order any Carbotech parts from this website. Your order will never arrive regardless of what their stock levels claim.

To place an order please contact me at 216-780-8825 I will be happy to answer any questions PM me or Email @ adam@ctbrakes.com
Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Bump for an excellent pad manufacturer who has some of the best customer service available to us!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Racer-38
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CARBOTECH ROCKS!!!
The stopping power of their pads is unbelievable, and yet they seem to wear really well.I keep pushing these pads deeper and deeper and they continue to amaze me.
Carbotech takes customer service very seriously, and they are super knowledgeable and helpful.
A good pad just might be the cheapest go fast item you can buy. Call Adam or Danny, tell them about your car and what you want to do with it, they'll hook you up w/the appropriate pad. Then, as David Hobbs likes to say, hold on to your holyhocks.....because you're not going to believe how late you'll be able to brake.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

First track pad I ever tried. Didn't know how good they were until I tried something different.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

+1

Awesome pad and group of folks!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Z06cool
Drifting

Originally Posted by wtknght1
+1

Awesome pad and group of folks!!!!
Definitely.....+2...
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 AM
rag1998
Racer

Agree, great customer service, even listened & answered my stupid questions that weren't related to pads, will be trying out my XP10, XP8 combo this weekend..

BobCats have been great to me till now on the street, no more squeaking, brake dust..
Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

I have really liked them, I used the Xp8 on the GT-R and now this weekend I am whipping out my XP12s, I dont think I will try anything else, esp because of the price.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 369 Likes on 305 Posts

I think they have a forum discount too!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Carbotechs. Great modulation, no fade, easy to clean the wheels, good life, priced well. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

It's all I'll run - good stuff.

Any chance of some type of contingency in the near future?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by sperkins
It's all I'll run - good stuff.

lol
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
what he said

after this next round (last of my stash) of brakes goes on, it's either brand "X" with a contingency or carbotech without
Old 06-25-2010, 02:19 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

The way I look at it, by using Carbotech I have a better chance of winning vs another brand. That's MY contigency payout.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,725 Likes on 932 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I would love to use Corbotech but I can barley afford to run as it is. Thats probably the only reason I use another brand, for the contingency. :o
Old 06-25-2010, 04:03 PM
DMARSHALL100
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Love the carobetechs. 12's in front and 10's in the rear.
You will not find a group of guys that are more helpful. Tell them what tires you are running, what tracks, etc... and they will put the right pads on your car. I have been on the phone with Mike, Jr. over the last couple of days re pads for some wilwood calipers and he has been great.

Tks for what you guys do. A real pleasure to do business with you.

I asked Mike for the 20% corvette forum discuount this afternoon and it got real quite on the phone. Is that the right number?

lol. Tks again guys
Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by carbotech adam
lol
I don't think any of us are expecting free brake pads for a weekend stint.
What about something along the lines of a $ credit for winning or placing well in your class?

Get notified of new replies

To Carbotech Performance Brakes

Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by carbotech adam
lol
Don't laugh Adam. Danny oughta really, REALLY give this some serious thought. Those of us doing Time Trials are pretty committed to 10-12 events a year with various organizations. That adds up to a couple of sets of pads a year. Hell, just go look up my reciepts to see how many I personally order from you.

I guarantee you some type of contingency (be it free stuff or discounts) would pay dividends.

You have my business regardless, but food for thought. See how good a Carbotech sticker looks on a car??????

-Kevin

Old 06-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I will talk with danny
this week and see what we can do
Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 AM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be very, very cool. I'd slap a sticker on my car for the chance at discounted pads IF I do well in time trial, and if there are more than three folks in my class. Something like that. I'm a faithful Carbotech customer, for my daily driver, my wife's track car and the time trial car. NASA Texas #41. Great, great brakes.

Quick Reply: Carbotech Performance Brakes