Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nannies

Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Nannies

I recently picked up a (cheap) '92 to use as a track car. It has the low tire warning system and traction control (AH, ASR?--whatever it's technically called), as well as FX3.

My LTWS and service ride control lights are illuminated on the DIC. I doubt the tires/wheels that came with the car have the transmitters in them, and the one's i'll be using on track definitley do not.

I know some later models these nannies can put the car in limp-mode if something is not right. Is this the case with a '92? Or will I still be able to get full power with these lights illuminated? I don't really care about having the adjustablity of the FX3, and can manually set them to firm, and don't need the actuators to work if that's the problem.

TIA
Old 07-09-2010, 02:01 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclonite
I recently picked up a (cheap) '92 to use as a track car. It has the low tire warning system and traction control (AH, ASR?--whatever it's technically called), as well as FX3.

My LTWS and service ride control lights are illuminated on the DIC. I doubt the tires/wheels that came with the car have the transmitters in them, and the one's i'll be using on track definitley do not.

I know some later models these nannies can put the car in limp-mode if something is not right. Is this the case with a '92? Or will I still be able to get full power with these lights illuminated? I don't really care about having the adjustablity of the FX3, and can manually set them to firm, and don't need the actuators to work if that's the problem.

TIA
I have a 1996 GS and LTWS will not put on nannies.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 PM
SpedRacr93
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

LTPWS - Does nothing - Just unplug the light out of the DIC

FX3 - Does nothing - Just unplug the light out of the DIC

ASR (traction control) - Retards timing, pushes back on the accelerator and applies the brakes when slip is measured (or any of them individually as the computer.. err.. nannie sees fit). It is also integrated into the ABS. If you have intentions of removing the ABS, then go ahead and remove all of the ASR parts as well. If you intend to keep ABS (I would) then just remember to reach up and hit the button to turn it off each time you start the car. It's not really a big deal. You can remove the servo motor and the cables that push back on the accelerator, but the computer will still retard timing and apply the rear brakes if it measures slip when you have it turned on. If you turn it off (I'd leave that light bulb in so you know its off), then it won't hinder the car in any way.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I have a 1996 GS and LTWS will not put on nannies.
Originally Posted by SpedRacr93
LTPWS - Does nothing - Just unplug the light out of the DIC

FX3 - Does nothing - Just unplug the light out of the DIC

ASR (traction control) - Retards timing, pushes back on the accelerator and applies the brakes when slip is measured (or any of them individually as the computer.. err.. nannie sees fit). It is also integrated into the ABS. If you have intentions of removing the ABS, then go ahead and remove all of the ASR parts as well. If you intend to keep ABS (I would) then just remember to reach up and hit the button to turn it off each time you start the car. It's not really a big deal. You can remove the servo motor and the cables that push back on the accelerator, but the computer will still retard timing and apply the rear brakes if it measures slip when you have it turned on. If you turn it off (I'd leave that light bulb in so you know its off), then it won't hinder the car in any way.
Thanks guys, just what I needed to know

And yes, I intend on keeping the ABS working...

Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

I strongly dislike the ASR in our cars.
Let me know if you figure out how to remove it, I'm tired of forgetting to push the button to turn it off.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jaa1992
I strongly dislike the ASR in our cars.
Let me know if you figure out how to remove it, I'm tired of forgetting to push the button to turn it off.
It's something I'll have to remember to do as well. I wonder if the button can be shorted to stay pushed...

Get notified of new replies

To Nannies

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nannies