Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need open end lug nuts w/ threaded shank

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Need open end lug nuts w/ threaded shank

I got some (on the LEFT) but they do not have the "bulge" & the ones (on the RIGHT) with the bulge do not have the threaded shank.

The ones with the shank that I have now work ok, but they cut the wheel a little because they do not have the bulge.

1/2 - 1.5

These (with shank)let you run spacers & still get correct/sufficient thread engagement with stock lugs.

I don't want to replace all the lugs with longer at this time. Maybe when I have to do bearings.

The shank has to be thin enought to pass thru the stock wheel lug hole & not too long.

Anyone have a link to a site with lots of lug nut options? And technical specs on the nuts?

Thanks!

Last edited by froggy47; 07-26-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:59 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the ones I use.
bigwheelsnyc

$25 for 20 w/free shipping. They have more thread engagment than a standard lugnut due to being ET style.

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 07-27-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: No links to NSV
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I got mine from Rockauto

They were made by Dorman. Looked same as GM OEM with external thread for the plastic caps.

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 07-27-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: No links to NSVs
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Thanks guys, little buggers hard to find, love this forum.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob, do those fit inside your spacer holes? I'd be concerned they'd tighten up against the spacer and leave a gap between the wheel and the spacer, essentially leaving the wheel loose.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:34 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by TedDBere
Bob, do those fit inside your spacer holes? I'd be concerned they'd tighten up against the spacer and leave a gap between the wheel and the spacer, essentially leaving the wheel loose.

The spacer holes are a couple to 3 mm bigger so no issues at all, it can be a bit of a squeeze getting thru the wheel holes, but they worked for me.

The hub hole on my spacers keep it all nice & centric.

I ordered a set, to get free shipping you need to call in the order, they are bulk so I ordered a couple xtra in case of loss.

I have run these w/out the bulge a dozen or more events, probably more like 2 dozen on both ends no worries. It's nice to get 8 to 10 turns of the lug.

If you are at a track day ck torque between sessions, just takes a minute & I found a small loss of torque on a couple or 3 lugs on occasion with spacers. Maybe even without. I think the studs stretch.

Last edited by froggy47; 07-27-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 AM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47

If you are at a track day ck torque between sessions, just takes a minute & I found a small loss of torque on a couple or 3 lugs on occasion with spacers. Maybe even without. I think the studs stretch.

Be careful when torquing between sessions. If they are too hot the aluminum spacers are more maluable and when hot they will compress more. In the end you will start to distort the spacers. I let them cool at least 30 minutes before checking torque. Lately I only do it in the morning before I go on track and after lunc before I go on track.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by geerookie
Be careful when torquing between sessions. If they are too hot the aluminum spacers are more maluable and when hot they will compress more. In the end you will start to distort the spacers. I let them cool at least 30 minutes before checking torque. Lately I only do it in the morning before I go on track and after lunc before I go on track.

Excellent point. I was assuming nobody will check torque while the rotors are still glowing, but it never hurts to be specific.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i just do it in the morning, see too many guys break lugs re torquing wheels have not fallen off yet
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's the ones I use.
bigwheelsnyc

$25 for 20 w/free shipping. They have more thread engagment than a standard lugnut due to being ET style.
Thanks just ordered a set and they came next day.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
froggy47
Race Director

I got mine from geerookie's vendor (the link has since been deleted by a mod) but you should be able to google it up.

It used to be that links were banned on Zo6vettedotcom but were OK on CF.

I guess that changed?

When did that change?

Get notified of new replies

To Need open end lug nuts w/ threaded shank

Quick Reply: Need open end lug nuts w/ threaded shank