Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6-Z06 Track alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C6-Z06 Track alignment specs

I recently picked up a C6Z as my track toy. Anyone want to share some track alignment specs for a C6Z?

I'm not going to drive this car on the street much (maybe only 1000 miles a year or so), so even an agressive setup would work well.

I'm currently running Pirelli slicks, but will also like to try out the Toyo R888's.

I'm thinking about -2 deg camber in front (pretty sure that's what my C5Z has), but not sure about caster, toe, rear camber, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Which P slicks are you running? (P Zero D5?) Why are you considering triple 8s after running P slicks? Are you running spherical bearings or any other suspension upgrades, or just running a bone stock car and slapped on slicks? The stock cam bolts will only give you so much lead way to run negative camber, especially in the rear.

For P slicks I would suggest -3 up front and -1.75 in the rear. You of course need to take track configuration into consideration as well. Try a starting point of caster at 7.5 and zero toe all around or maybe 1/16 total toe.

Mike
Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Which P slicks are you running? (P Zero D5?) Why are you considering triple 8s after running P slicks? Are you running spherical bearings or any other suspension upgrades, or just running a bone stock car and slapped on slicks? The stock cam bolts will only give you so much lead way to run negative camber, especially in the rear.

For P slicks I would suggest -3 up front and -1.75 in the rear. You of course need to take track configuration into consideration as well. Try a starting point of caster at 7.5 and zero toe all around or maybe 1/16 total toe.
It's a totally stock car with just the slicks. I believe they are the D2 Pirelli's.

I know going to R888's would be a disappointment and a step backwards; but I have a set, so I figure I'd give them a shot.

Do you think I can get -3 out of the stock setup?

Thanks..
MJB
Old 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
It's a totally stock car with just the slicks. I believe they are the D2 Pirelli's.

I know going to R888's would be a disappointment and a step backwards; but I have a set, so I figure I'd give them a shot.

Do you think I can get -3 out of the stock setup?

Thanks..
MJB
Yes, I am running -2.7 or so in front and still have 1 spacer in place on the upper A arms. If I were to remove this, it would be around -3.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
I recently picked up a C6Z as my track toy. Anyone want to share some track alignment specs for a C6Z?

I'm not going to drive this car on the street much (maybe only 1000 miles a year or so), so even an agressive setup would work well.

I'm currently running Pirelli slicks, but will also like to try out the Toyo R888's.

I'm thinking about -2 deg camber in front (pretty sure that's what my C5Z has), but not sure about caster, toe, rear camber, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
I GET 2.2 OUT OF THE FRONT AND ALMOST 1.O ON THE REAR AND RUN 1/8 OUT IN FRONT AND RUN 1/8 IN IN THE BACK. I RUN TOYO 888 305/35/18'S ALL AROUND AND THIS SETUP IS VERY FUN TO DRIVE. TIRES WEAR VERY EVENLY SO I DOUBT MORE CAMBER WILL HELP, MIGHT MAKE IT WORSE

this is on a c5 but there almont no difference int he front end and the back of a c6 is a little under an inch wider, so these specs should be fine,

FYI a few C6 guys in our club have put camber kits on and run 3 in the front but then backed off to 2.5 , they run R6's. A6's khume v710's. dunlaps and toyos with this alignment. maybe go to zero toe on the front if your doing 145 mph + for any length of time, get you a few tenths but turn in is less
Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by C5Lion
Yes, I am running -2.7 or so in front and still have 1 spacer in place on the upper A arms. If I were to remove this, it would be around -3.
Cool. Do you know the rest of your alignment specs? (You can PM me if you want to keep them 'secret'.) lol.

Thanks,
MJB

Get notified of new replies

To C6-Z06 Track alignment specs

Quick Reply: C6-Z06 Track alignment specs