Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumbs Up for Finspeed Brakes & SERVICE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 AM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thumbs Up for Finspeed Brakes & SERVICE!

When I take my Z to the track, I use the Coleman Racing rotor setup with aluminum hat that can be removed when the rotor wears, saving $$ on a new rotor, and they are much lighter than stock. I got about 50 sessions out of the rotors (some get as much as 70; not all my sessions were with cooling ducts and I used Cobalt XR1 pads for the last 1/3 of the rotor life, which were definitely harder on the rotors than the XR2 pads I used for 2/3 of the sessions).

When it was time for new rotors, a friend suggested Daniel at Finspeed (http://finspeed.com/). He set me up with new rotors and XR2 pads, along with new fasteners. Unfortunately, despite less aggressive XR2 pads and cooling ducts, my left front rotor cracked after 18 sessions. I contacted Daniel who was headed though town to Coleman on business. He stopped at my home and brought the rotors to Coleman because he believed that they should not have failed. Coleman felt that since they are a racing component and I was at the track that the rotor failure would not be covered. Daniel still stood behind the product as it must have been a "bad batch" and replaced both front rotors at no charge. He even re-assembled them and delivered them to my home himself when he was back in town.

There are many complaints on the forum re: poor service from some vendors who sell a product and that's the end of the relationship. Daniel is an engineer, racer, and a businessman who is clearly interested in building relationships and a good reputation. Forum members should check out his website, and know that he is one of the good guys.

Quick Reply: Thumbs Up for Finspeed Brakes & SERVICE!