Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Motul 600 Expire?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Does Motul 600 Expire?

Next week I am having my local tuner put in C6 Sway bars on my C5. While its there, I am thinking about having them change out the clutch fluid. Its been years since I have changed it as I havent been on the track in the past few years. I still have like 4 unopened bottles of Motul 600. Would this still be good to use? Anyone know how much clutch fluid a C5 takes?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
Next week I am having my local tuner put in C6 Sway bars on my C5. While its there, I am thinking about having them change out the clutch fluid. Its been years since I have changed it as I havent been on the track in the past few years. I still have like 4 unopened bottles of Motul 600. Would this still be good to use? Anyone know how much clutch fluid a C5 takes?
I wouldn't use years old fluid--did that with the Ford HD fluid years ago and it boiled immediately. This was from a sealed metal container.

I'm pretty sure that the properly bleeding the clutch is very hard even w/the car in the air. I doubt he will do it without dropping the drivetrain. Just change it 4-6 times in the reservoir, driving between changes.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:07 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Motul RBF600 in a sealed container should be just fine. They go the extra mile and fill the air space with nitrogen. Unless you got a remote bleeder installed when you replaced the clutch I don't think you're going to get it bled -- you may just want to do the "Ranger method" (search) and replace the fluid yourself.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:15 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gkmccready
Motul RBF600 in a sealed container should be just fine. They go the extra mile and fill the air space with nitrogen. Unless you got a remote bleeder installed when you replaced the clutch I don't think you're going to get it bled -- you may just want to do the "Ranger method" (search) and replace the fluid yourself.
No, I wont be bleeding. I just figured I would have him do it while the car is there. I was more interested in how good the the Motul 600 would be. I have Four unopened (500 ml) containers
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

if unopened they are fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Does Motul 600 Expire?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does Motul 600 Expire?