Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Wins WC Race @ Mid-Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Coal is King
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Wins WC Race @ Mid-Ohio

My buddy was a guest of the driver for The Cragar / CRP Racing Corvette normally driven by Ron Fellows...of course he was at The Glen this past weekend. The team chose Mike Skeen to drive and it paid off. Qualified 2nd and won the Saturday Race. Pressuring the leader on Sunday, but tranny trouble led to I believe a 9th place finish. All in all an awesome weekend I wish I could have been there...rather than getting text updates! But, the pics will hold me until I get the chance to attend a World Challenge Race. Congratulations to the entire team!

ZR1 is just some extra eye candy!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,407 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I was at Mid Ohio all weekend and I can attest that Mike drove the wheels off that yellow #2. He was pressuring that Porsche on Sunday and then a Yellow came out. They ran yellow for a few laps and when the green flew again, all of a sudden everyone was passing Mike. Obvious troubles with the car and as it ended, his trans was the culprit.

Mike did well regardless. Andy Pilgrim was pressuring him in his KPax Volvo but Mike was holding him off before the trans problems. The WC puts on a pretty good show.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
AverageVetteNut
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
CI-X Auto-X Champ (race tires)
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Great to hear.. now, are those wheels on the car Cragars?

In all seriousness, that's great news for all of us Corvette race fans. I didn't get to see any of the racing this weekend, but it seems that it was exciting on many series.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Coal is King
Racer

The race will be broadcast on Versus August 28th, if your interested in watching. And, yes I heard that Mike drove the wheels off that thing. Won the best move of the race award...passed two Volvo's in one corner.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
CRPRacing
Cruising

We were thrilled with Mike's performance at Mid-Ohio! He qualified 2nd, won the 1st race and got Clean Pass of the Race Award, in 2nd race, despite the trans problem, he came away with fastest lap of the race and Best Move of the Race award! Our whole team and our drivers always try to represent the Corvette brand with professionalism, passion and a winning attitude and appreciate the support of all Corvette enthusiasts! We have a great time with the Corvette Clubs visiting our trailer, if you are ever at any of our races, please don't hesitate to come visit us!

~ Jenny Short, CRP Racing Team Mgr.
also visit www.CompetitionRaceParts.com for more pics and video!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Coal is King
The race will be broadcast on Versus August 28th, if your interested in watching. And, yes I heard that Mike drove the wheels off that thing. Won the best move of the race award...passed two Volvo's in one corner.
ever hear the word SPOILER?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Coal is King
Racer

Originally Posted by CRPRacing
We were thrilled with Mike's performance at Mid-Ohio! He qualified 2nd, won the 1st race and got Clean Pass of the Race Award, in 2nd race, despite the trans problem, he came away with fastest lap of the race and Best Move of the Race award! Our whole team and our drivers always try to represent the Corvette brand with professionalism, passion and a winning attitude and appreciate the support of all Corvette enthusiasts! We have a great time with the Corvette Clubs visiting our trailer, if you are ever at any of our races, please don't hesitate to come visit us!

~ Jenny Short, CRP Racing Team Mgr.
also visit www.CompetitionRaceParts.com for more pics and video!
I plan on attending the VIR race in September, hope to see you there...congratulations on the Mid-Ohio race!!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
DaBullish1
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default CRP Works on Cars For Regular people Too!

I have a 2005 C6 that had a head and cam job by another vendor. First the new clutch failed due to loose bolts. I took the car to CRP and Nick and his team got replacement parts from Textralia and rebuilt for much less than a total replacement. Clutch is now working perfectly. Later the engine detonated at a track day (tuned to lean by the original vendor). CRP did a great job on my clutch so I had them rebuild the motor forged and stroked. They even saved my Trickflow heads which were damaged by floating piston pieces. Here is my dyno sheet.

The final tune was done by Nick Williams (they are well connected). The torque curve is phenominal and the tune is now appropriate for HPDE events. If you are in Charlotte, NC they do just about everything. They even do classic restorations. When a race team can win with multiple drivers this tells you something about their abilities to build a car. If CRP is good enough for ROn Fellows they are good enough for me.

Thanks CRP

Last edited by DaBullish1; 08-17-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
CRPRacing
Cruising

Thanks for the great referral!!! We are dedicated to giving our customers top quality service, whether you are going 180 mph down a straight away at a track or just cruisin' at 60 in your street car!!!

To show you how awesome, dedicated and passionate Corvette Enthusiasts are, please check out this article:

Corvette Fans Sweep Mid Ohio Weekend, Lead 2010 Manufacturers’ Fan Championship

LEXINGTON, Ohio - The Optima Batteries Mid-Ohio Grand Prix presented by GameStreamer at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course ended up being a great event for Corvette, with outstanding performances given both on the track and in the stands.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...php?story=1804

Coming soon: we will be changing our website and introducing a store for your shopping convenience!

Last edited by CRPRacing; 08-18-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very late, I didn't even know that WC was broadcast on any station, I can check out the last few races on versus thanks. Oh and good win
Old 08-21-2010, 04:13 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Is that still our old #28? If so then that would make two wins at Mid-Ohio for that chassis.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:33 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I find it rather ironic, that when you go to Cragar's website, they don't show product that fits the car they race!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
CRPRacing
Cruising

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Is that still our old #28? If so then that would make two wins at Mid-Ohio for that chassis.
Anthony, no, the old #28 car was lost in the trailer fire that we had in early 2008. This car was built by CRP out of the ashes, we actually call it The Phoenix. "The phoenix will be consumed in the flames, but will be reborn out of the ashes."
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
CRPRacing
Cruising

Originally Posted by timd38
I find it rather ironic, that when you go to Cragar's website, they don't show product that fits the car they race!
Cragar is working on a product line for the Corvette market. We will let you know more when it is closer to being a finished product.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Wins WC Race @ Mid-Ohio

Quick Reply: Corvette Wins WC Race @ Mid-Ohio