Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Brake pad Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Brake pad Question

Hey guys,
I am going to run the Glen this weekend. The brakes i will be running will be Carbotechs XP12/XP10 combo. I am running Toyo 888's on a 2007 Z06. I am an intermediate/advanced driver. I read posts where guys run through these pads in 4 - 5 sessions!!!!! Is this somewhat accurate? Do i have to be concerned about changing pads this weekend?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are running both days then it is likely you will need to change the pads. Of course, that all depends on how hard you push the pedal in the middle!
Robert Finlayson
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Superbee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be fine, many guys get four good days out of that setup.
It is necessary to have good cooling though.
And always a good idea to have a spare set of pads.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Liquid1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tom,

Tried to respond to your PM but your inbox was full. Unfortunately I won't be out there this weekend... I'll be there 9/2-9/4. Have fun! Is this your first time out with the Z?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I will have an extra set anyway - will figure this car out sooner or later.

Liquid - This will be my third track event with this car and the car is unbelievable compared to my Carerra, I love it. All the tracks that I ran so far with the Z were small compared to Watkins Glen. It is a 5 - 6 hr trip for me so I want to be prepared - will be over prepared as usual. Will have track support there this weekend so I will be pulling the pads off anyway to inspect. Wish I could have met another vette owner there - I am running with a Porsche club!!!! ye haaa! Should be fun!

Get notified of new replies

To Another Brake pad Question

Quick Reply: Another Brake pad Question