Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Temperature: Low - GM #12608814

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Oil Temperature: Low - GM #12608814

Oil Temperature: Low - GM #12608814

Ok, so I installed a DRM Ron Davis kit with the block adapter and AN lines. It was a bigger job than we first though, but came out great. Thanks to Tony (AJG1915) for once again letting me use his driveway, tools and general help and knowledge to make this job come out so great! Thanks to Randy at DRM for answering his Cell phone on a Satruday eve to answer a 5 minute question, great customer post sales support! Anyhow... Fired up the car after putting it all back together, and walla... the dreaded...

Oil Temperature: Low

Which means its either the wiring or the sensor. The wiring looks fine, but the sensor Im assuming got injured in the swap from the OEM plate to the DRM block adapter. Oh well, it happens.

Question, can I do that sensor without pulling the oil filter and draining out the oil? Id hate to waste $100 in oil for a sensor. But I need it for the track, can't play without oil temps on my DIC the whole time for safety.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Randy is a SUPER guy!

Just drain it and then put the oil back in. All you ned is a clean pan and funnel.

Jim
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You can install/uninstall the adapter block without removing the oil filter.

As an aside, don't buy the DeWitts setup w/the mod'd C6 oil line adapter unless you are also installing headers. Or just like to take the exhaust off your car.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

already put in the DRM set up with AR headers. And you have to take the headers and the oil filter off to do it. Trust me on this.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

For stock manifolds, no removal of the headers is needed to remove the oil temp fitting assembly that bolts to the block.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil Temperature: Low - GM #12608814

Quick Reply: Oil Temperature: Low - GM #12608814