Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing the NEW Pfadt Sport Sway Bars! Available now!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Introducing the NEW Pfadt Sport Sway Bars! Available now!

Hey everyone!

Pfadt has yet another swaybar product new to the Corvette C5/C6 aftermarket! Introdcuing the new

CORVETTE SPORT SWAY BARS

$625

The Pfadt Corvette Sport Sway Bars are designed to offer superb balance, simple adjustability, reduced body roll and increased cornering grip. Drawing from our years of testing and development on our Racing Series of sway bars we have created a sway bar package that is engineered for the Corvette enthusiast that is looking for the best handling improvement for the dollar. The front bar is a single position, one-piece bar, with a rate that works perfect for the stock leaf springs, or upgraded coilovers. The adjustment is left to the rear bar, which is a 3-position adjustable, single piece bar. This is suited to Corvette owners who want the advantage of dialing in the balance of their Corvette equipped with different wheel/tire combos, and various other suspension upgrades, with out the complications of figuring out which bar to tune. There is a great range of adjustment that you can get out of this Sport Rear Sway Bar. Both bars are held to the Pfadt manufacturing standard that you all know about, as these bars include machined ends, welded in for a perfect fit every time. Also included is a full sway bar poly bushing kit, and a full endlink hardware kit, as pictured.

By increasing the sway bar rate of the Corvette we have reduced the body roll creating a more stable platform with improved steering response. We have also, invested considerable time to develop sway bars that are balanced to increase cornering grip while making the Corvette easier to drive at the limit. This gives you the confidence to carry more speed into the corners knowing that the car will be predictable and controllable at the limit.

To illustrate these differences in overall rate and the balance between the front and rear sway bars see this chart which compares many different sway bar packages. Click on the images for a larger view.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 08-18-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

How much for just a front bar? I don't need a rear.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Hi rikhek,

All of the bars we manufacture, with the sole exception of the C6 Z06 SS bar, are engineered as a balanced set of front and rear bars. Both front and rear bars have a specific rate that is tuned to provide a baseline balance, that is adjustable in one way or more, to suit slightly different customer set ups. It is for this reason, that we do not sell just the front or rear bar, sorry to say.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
waktasz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should...maybe the SCCA Super Stockers would be interested in a solid bar now that those funky bars with the weird ratcheting arms are gone.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Hi rikhek,

All of the bars we manufacture, with the sole exception of the C6 Z06 SS bar, are engineered as a balanced set of front and rear bars. Both front and rear bars have a specific rate that is tuned to provide a baseline balance, that is adjustable in one way or more, to suit slightly different customer set ups. It is for this reason, that we do not sell just the front or rear bar, sorry to say.
Of course it's your call on what you sell but you're losing sales...

The statement, "that is adjustable in one way or more" is not accurate. Your front bar has no adjustment.

Also, if you look at your graph the rear C6 Z06 OEM bar relative rate is the same as the middle position of your rear bar. As such, my rear is already "tuned" to match your front bar. I don't want to replace my C6Z OEM bar with a bar that is the same. I'm happy with my OEM C6Z rear bar.

Oh well.......

Rick
Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Hi rikhek,

Your rear bar is too stiff in the softest setting for Autocross...

So I would Recommend you rethink your position on this.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by waktasz
You should...maybe the SCCA Super Stockers would be interested in a solid bar now that those funky bars with the weird ratcheting arms are gone.
Who had "ratcheting arms" on their sway bars? I don't understand what bars you are referring to. Almost every single customer of ours uses sway bars as a matched set of anti-roll upgrades. If customers are only interested in a front upgrade only for autocrossing, the Super Stock Sway bar is the way to go!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rikhek
Of course it's your call on what you sell but you're losing sales...

The statement, "that is adjustable in one way or more" is not accurate. Your front bar has no adjustment.

Also, if you look at your graph the rear C6 Z06 OEM bar relative rate is the same as the middle position of your rear bar. As such, my rear is already "tuned" to match your front bar. I don't want to replace my C6Z OEM bar with a bar that is the same. I'm happy with my OEM C6Z rear bar.

Oh well.......

Rick
Yes, the statement is accurate. The balance is adjustable. Adjusting the rear roll stiffness of the vehicle also adjusts the F/R roll ratio, and overall balance.

The SS bar covers the range you are looking for for a front bar, as it is tuned to work with the OEM C6Z rear bar.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by thehammer69
Your rear bar is too stiff in the softest setting for Autocross...

So I would Recommend you rethink your position on this.
Thank you for the recommendation. Pfadt makes sway bars that address customers of all intentions, not just autocross. We have never come out and said that our new Sport Bar Package is the autocross's dream package. If you do not think that the rear bar will suit your driving style for autocross, then by all means, look toward another solution that will help you. We do make an offering for autocross, as I have mentioned, and it is the Super Stock front sway bar.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:37 PM
RAC3ME
Advanced

Any chance I can get a set of these powdercoated Pfadt orange?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:54 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Pfadt parts are like jewelry for your car.

Without a doubt the finest parts I have ever bought for my car.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:21 PM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Default PFadt

I have the Pfadt Light Race C6Z bars on my 08 Z51 Corvette (along with the Inverted Sport Shocks). All I can tell you is that the difference is dramatic, like night and day for autocross.

I can feel a definitive difference in the handling of the car - initial turn in is crisp and no mid corner washout. You will be able to roll into the power sooner, and not experience any of the handling problems associated with the stock setup.

I ran the SS bar up front and a stock Z06 rear bar and the car was very neutral - especially on the Hoosier A6's. Front end grip was phenomenal - was running the front shocks at 16 and the rears at 10.

Last edited by KBoltz; 09-04-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:53 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

If you do it right you can adjust your Corvette with just an adjustable rear sway bar.

The key is determining what your car is doing on corner entry. Forget about the middle of the corner or the exit.

Start with the link in the center hole. Now are you oversteering or understeering on entry?

I'm not sure why you need the adjustable links and heim joints on these bars. You're going to have to take the heim joints off every few months for cleaning. I've seen winning Corvettes with stock GM links. The heim joints aren't that important for most applications and they add some work to your maint. schedule.

Richard Newton
Facebook
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RAC3ME
Any chance I can get a set of these powdercoated Pfadt orange?
Well, not from us, but pretty soon they will be coming in Johnny O'Connell Yellow!

Originally Posted by timd38
Pfadt parts are like jewelry for your car.

Without a doubt the finest parts I have ever bought for my car.
Thank you for the kind comments! We really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by KBoltz
I have the Pfadt Light Race C6Z bars on my 08 Z51 Corvette (along with the Inverted Sport Shocks). All I can tell you is that the difference is dramatic, like night and day for autocross.

I can feel a definitive difference in the handling of the car - initial turn in is crisp and no mid corner washout. You will be able to roll into the power sooner, and not experience any of the handling problems associated with the stock setup.

I ran the SS bar up front and a stock Z06 rear bar and the car was very neutral - especially on the Hoosier A6's. Front end grip was phenomenal - was running the front shocks at 16 and the rears at 10.
Again, we can't say thank you enough for the great comments. Please feel free to give us a call anytime with set up questions/concerns!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rfn026
If you do it right you can adjust your Corvette with just an adjustable rear sway bar.

The key is determining what your car is doing on corner entry. Forget about the middle of the corner or the exit.

Start with the link in the center hole. Now are you oversteering or understeering on entry?

I'm not sure why you need the adjustable links and heim joints on these bars. You're going to have to take the heim joints off every few months for cleaning. I've seen winning Corvettes with stock GM links. The heim joints aren't that important for most applications and they add some work to your maint. schedule.

Richard Newton
Facebook
Adjustable endlinks are necessary for "half-step" adjustments. It is impossible to do otherwise. That is why they are adjustable.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing the NEW Pfadt Sport Sway Bars! Available now!

Quick Reply: Introducing the NEW Pfadt Sport Sway Bars! Available now!