Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvettes and RX7's at Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM
az55
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Corvettes and RX7's at Nationals

I watched the videos from a previous post of the 8/22 race at T-Hill.
I enjoyed the great driving and car control by two forum members, but it was obvious the guy in the 7 was either an oblivious fool or a dangerous jerk. I suspect the latter because I have friends who run RX7's and they don't think much of those guys.

I was disappointed to discover they are in our ST2 race group at the Nationals in September. I hope some of the officials are aware of their reputation.

As a rookie in Super Touring, the last thing I want to worry about is some idiot punting people off course to gain position.

I guess the best I can do is just run my race and hope they don't hurt anyone.

By the way, with almost 40 entrants in SuperTouring, it is lining up to be one of the most exciting events of the week.

I am proud to be one of the Corvette drivers. Judging from the names on the entry list(many of whom I've read about on the forum), I feel honored to be in such FAST COMPANY!
Cheers,
CV
#24 ST2 Corvette
Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

according to the guy who runs them, they are required to "run more weight" there. not sure why unless they weren't running proper weight before. fill there mirrors and they arent hard to get by and remember, sometimes its better for you to hold your line if someone is swinging into you and let them make contact. all depends on the weight balance of the cars and situation. I've heard a lot of hit/miss on those guys since the race so who knows with what attitude they will show up with. Good luck and have fun!

oh, and get lot's of video kicking their asses
Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM
az55
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

oh, and get lot's of video kicking their asses [/QUOTE]

Will do.

What's ironic is my son runs a quick RX7 in HPDE and he will be part of my crew at the Nationals. He really wants me to beat these guys.
We'll see. I'm just happy to be part of the Corvette "contingency". It should be a blast!
Cheers,
CV

Last edited by az55; 08-29-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes and RX7's at Nationals

Quick Reply: Corvettes and RX7's at Nationals