Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Suggestions on How to Add More PS Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Default Looking for Suggestions on How to Add More PS Cooling

The Z06 is in the shop to have the PS Pump replaced. It blew last week at the TrackMaster's Event. I went through 3 pumps and 2 or 3 racks on the 03Z over 6 years and would like to cut down on the parts consumption on this car. I know I could go with an Turn 1 pump but would like to see if I can get more fluid cooling by adding a cooler inline with the stock cooler. The idea would be to mount it in front of the AC condensor where the oil cooler is mounted.

I am hoping I can get some suggestions on the best place to cut into the current piping, what size and type of plumbing should be used and suggestions on what model cooler to use and any suggestions on how to mount the cooler and run the lines.

Bill
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a medium sized transmission cooler for my PS cooler. It's mounted behind the radiator not in front. Never had a problem since.
You can come over and check it out while at the Glen.
I removed the factory cooler completely and tapped into the two factory lines.
I also use synthetic PS fluid as an extra precaution.

Quick Reply: Looking for Suggestions on How to Add More PS Cooling