Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kirkey + Hardbar + brey krause

Old 09-18-2010, 09:14 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kirkey + Hardbar + brey krause

So I am currently using a modified Z06 seat with brey krause harnes mount kit attaching the clip in crow 6 point harnesses to it ... If I get the Kirkey seats with Hard bar seat rails how will I mount the 6 Point clip in Harness?

Last edited by RaleighSS; 09-18-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:42 PM
MJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
So I am currently using a modified Z06 seat with brey krause harnes mount kit attaching the clip in crow 6 point harnesses to it ... If I get the Kirkey seats with Hard bar seat rails how will I mount the 6 Point clip in Harness?
The Hardbar seat rails have a bunch of attachment holes drilled in them and a bunch of extra bolts. Once you have the seat mounted you thread the harness through it and bolt it to the rail.

You want the whole thing to be in tension so you will have to try some different bolt holes, washers, etc. Additionally, the seat is now fixed. So any adjustments mean taking it out and moving bolt holes. Give yourself a Saturday to trial fit the seat and get it to your liking. Drive it around the block a few times and move the seat as necessary. Then, be sure to budget one more move after you do a track day. There is really no way to simulate the forces you encounter on the street.

So, it's a bit of a pain, but the results are worth it. Gary's stuff is top notch.

Matt
Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

How are you attached the anti-sub belts?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,915 Likes on 5,326 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
How are you attached the anti-sub belts?
Antisub belts go under the seat and bolt to the Hardbar side rails. I have mine mounted at the third bolt from the right on this Ultrashield seat. You don't want to use clip in belts here as they are under the seat where you can't see them. This seat is the low priced Ultrashield and is pretty much like the Kirkey. You don't need the undermounts that the more expensive Kirkey has.

Lap belts also go to the side rails as shown in the picture. After this picture was taken I moved them to the inside of the rail to gain a little more room in my C5Z.

The bolt in mounts have a couple of washers behind them so the mount can swivel a little and so it doesn't get pinched between the mount and side rail once bolted tightly.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 09-20-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:27 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

4 of 6 harness mounts to the seat brackets is too much for my taste. Only one OEM belt mount (the seat belt receiver) is anchored to the stock seat mounting studs via the seat bracket. The stock studs are mounted to a flimsy metal strap that is relatively small, which doesn't give me confidence when considering the forces seen during an impact at the track.

Do you have a thick bar running across the rails? The sub straps are supposed to be mounted 4-6" apart (so ~2.5" for the center of the seat).

Get notified of new replies

To Kirkey + Hardbar + brey krause

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kirkey + Hardbar + brey krause