Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z wheels on C6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default C6 track guys.. please step in

Looking to purchase some C5Z OEM wheels to mount on my C6 purely for track use. Was wondering if anyone has done the same and how the fitment is? I need to take in account my Wilwood kit but would like to see pics of them mounted on a car regardless of brakes anyway.

I'm very interested in running the 18" rears all around for rotation but not sure this will be possible or not. Can anyone tell me if this is doable? If not then I need to find a complete stock set.

GA C5Z guys,
If anyone is close to the Sugar Hill (Buford) area and wouldnt mind helping me out on a test fit with the stock wheels over my Wilwoods that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by LEAVINU; 10-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
greendot
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use C5Z rears on the front of my C6Z with a 3/4" adapter to get the offset right. It also requires that the stock studs be shortened or the wheels have clearance cut into the back side for the studs.
3/4 spacers are hard to find. I had them custom made.
These wheels clear my Z brakes. Not sure if that helps for your Wilwood question.
No reason that these wheels would not work on the rear of your car that I can see
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by greendot
I use C5Z rears on the front of my C6Z with a 3/4" adapter to get the offset right. It also requires that the stock studs be shortened or the wheels have clearance cut into the back side for the studs.
3/4 spacers are hard to find. I had them custom made.
These wheels clear my Z brakes. Not sure if that helps for your Wilwood question.
No reason that these wheels would not work on the rear of your car that I can see

Thanks for the reply. I found out last night that my C6 base fenders are the issue more than brake clearance or need of spacers. Now looking for other alternatives for a set of inexpensive light track wheels.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Thanks for the reply. I found out last night that my C6 base fenders are the issue more than brake clearance or need of spacers. Now looking for other alternatives for a set of inexpensive light track wheels.
You need to do what I did. Buy a C5Z. The wheels come with it.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gmccreary
You need to do what I did. Buy a C5Z. The wheels come with it.
I thought about that.

Get notified of new replies

To C5Z wheels on C6?

Quick Reply: C5Z wheels on C6?