Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Magazines - Revisited

Old 10-02-2010, 04:22 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 271 Likes on 213 Posts

Default Corvette Magazines - Revisited

I just got my copy of the new Vette in the mail. They're trying really hard. Considering that half the Corvette magazines went out of business in the past few months they have work to do They're still at 98 pages. They need to get to at least 120 to justify the $6.00 price. Excellence (the leading Porsche magazine) is at 160 pages for the same price. I can buy a whole book for my Kindle under $6.00 Jay (the Editor) doesn't have an easy job.

Richard Newton
Old 10-02-2010, 04:23 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
I just got my copy of the new Vette in the mail. They're trying really hard. Considering that half the Corvette magazines went out of business in the past few months they have work to do They're still at 98 pages. They need to get to at least 120 to justify the $6.00 price. Excellence (the leading Porsche magazine) is at 160 pages for the same price. I can buy a whole book for my Kindle under $6.00 Jay (the Editor) doesn't have an easy job.

Richard Newton
Tuff business right now
Old 10-02-2010, 04:34 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The quality of the new mag (paper, graphic design and editorial content) is definitely a step up over the old one. Let's hope it survives.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would guess other failing helps them even though it is sad.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

It isn't just vette mags that do the teaser type covers and then only give you manufacturer's advertisement for the actual article inside but I really resent the practice. That is the one reason I have dropped most mags. If there is no real journalism/in depth reporting, I don't need it. That is the problem that needs to be corrected for my return to subscription. I'm just sayin'.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026

Richard Newton
Agree they need more pages, of course that means they need more advertisers. However it costs a lot less that $6 if you have a subscription.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by southern_son
It isn't just vette mags that do the teaser type covers and then only give you manufacturer's advertisement for the actual article inside but I really resent the practice. That is the one reason I have dropped most mags. If there is no real journalism/in depth reporting, I don't need it. That is the problem that needs to be corrected for my return to subscription. I'm just sayin'.
I like tech, I like content, I like relevant photos, I like good journalism....
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

It also doesn't help they are no longer being sold at the grocery store or walmart. The only place I can find those magazines are at Barns & Noble or Borders and i don't get there very often. I use to be able to get vette, corvette fever, corvette quarterly, grassroots motorsports, racer and some otheres at Kroger. They no longer carry any of those.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:51 AM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 762 Likes on 465 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by vettehardt
It also doesn't help they are no longer being sold at the grocery store or walmart. The only place I can find those magazines are at Barns & Noble or Borders and i don't get there very often. I use to be able to get vette, corvette fever, corvette quarterly, grassroots motorsports, racer and some otheres at Kroger. They no longer carry any of those.
Mine show up in my mailbox each month.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Magazines - Revisited

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Magazines - Revisited