Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE Insurance - Filing a claim

Old 10-02-2010, 07:23 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Default HPDE Insurance - Filing a claim

HPDE specific insurance is obviously gaining popularity and is readily available these days. Although not cheap, the policies seem to make sense for many of us.

My question, is has anyone been unfortunate enough to try to actually file a claim from an on-track incident?

I'm curious to see if they provide coverage as they say they do or if there are the typical insurance "loopholes" that pop up when claims are filed.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:09 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Frozen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a great question, I always pay the premium just in case *knocks on wood* But I do wonder if they really cover everything.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 AM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

FWIW...a colleague who is a PCA member, shared a story of someone who had a claim and the insurance company paid. Unfortunately I have no other details. As far as cost, I spent 175.00 recently for two days at Pocono north with a stated value of 25,000
Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 AM
TDBurke
Intermediate

The Lockton-Affinity program works as you would hope to have the process work. I have a friend who recently collected. The key to "paying for everything" is accurately representing what you have that is being insured.

I highly suggest giving Ryan Staub at L-A a call. He'll answer all your questions.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 PM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by TDBurke
The Lockton-Affinity program works as you would hope to have the process work. I have a friend who recently collected. The key to "paying for everything" is accurately representing what you have that is being insured.

I highly suggest giving Ryan Staub at L-A a call. He'll answer all your questions.
I had Ryan as an instructor for an event I did, and he was great. I have used their insurance for the last 4 events. I don't worry about me as much as maybe someone else hitting me in some form. Just help with the oh sh*t factor in doing this hobby
Tim
Old 10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
stano
Safety Car

It's my understanding that they cover what damage you cause to your car but not what someone else may do to you or you crunching them. In other words, if you roll and total your car, you're covered. If you hit someone else, damage a wall, the repair to the wall is not covered as well as the damage to the other car.

Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, I'm looking at K&k for track insurance.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had the unfortunate experience of filing a claim. Short story is they paid. The long story is that this is not like your regular car or home insurance. It took about 6 or 7 weeks for them to tell me they were going to pay, and another couple weeks to pay me. I am not saying that is a bad thing. I am just saying you should not expect it to be like major american insurance companies covering our dailly activities. It takes time, but worth it.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
maw455
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '08

Unfortunately, I have had this experience. Fortunately, the insurance aspect of it was positive. I got hit in my '08 by another driver during a Track Guys HPDE event in March. Fortunately, I had taken out the track policy (Lockton-Affinity, I think). The claims process was very easy. The policy is a no-fault policy - it covers damage to your car, regardless of who caused it. I had a claims adjuster assigned within a week, and the company paid 100% of the repair costs ($21K), at the shop of my choice, using all new OEM parts. The only downside is the size of the deductible - $5K, although it can be less, depending on how much insurance you take out.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They are all regulated by the states. The most important thing is to really understand what you are buying by reading the proposed policy. Do not listening to an agent as you can forget about his verbal promises when you hit something.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:30 AM
geerookie
Drifting

I use On Track Insurance. These guys are great!

I had an incedent at Watkins Glen last Oct. and they took care of everything.

It was $275 for a three day event. The deductible was $1500.
After the incident they sent an adjuster to my house and noted all the aftermarket parts that were damaged plus all the rest. They reimbursed for replacement cost.
From the time I called and reported the incident ot the time they sent the check was about a week.
Like I said, these guys are GREAT to work with.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by geerookie
I use On Track Insurance. These guys are great!

I had an incedent at Watkins Glen last Oct. and they took care of everything.

It was $275 for a three day event. The deductible was $1500.
After the incident they sent an adjuster to my house and noted all the aftermarket parts that were damaged plus all the rest. They reimbursed for replacement cost.
From the time I called and reported the incident ot the time they sent the check was about a week.
Like I said, these guys are GREAT to work with.

Who carried the policy ?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
geerookie
Drifting

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
Who carried the policy ?
Great American Insurance

Steven Katz
Jacob J Katz and Company
455 Rte 304
Bardonia, NY* 10954
845-638-0505
Steve@katzinsurance.com
www.OnTrackInsurance.com
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by geerookie
Great American Insurance

Steven Katz
Jacob J Katz and Company
455 Rte 304
Bardonia, NY* 10954
845-638-0505
Steve@katzinsurance.com
www.OnTrackInsurance.com

Thank you ... its good to know (bad how you know) that a inc company takes care of you when things like this happen. Will look them up for my next event.

Get notified of new replies

To HPDE Insurance - Filing a claim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HPDE Insurance - Filing a claim