Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBS Wheels - need HELP with fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default BBS Wheels - need HELP with fitment

Good morning, Gentlemen,

Is there someone on the Forum who is truly familiar with the fitment of BBS wheels to a C4 - either the RS-Style, or the BBS Motorsports 20-bolt?

Specifically, we need 16" x 10" or 16" x 11" that clear the Grand Sport J55 (13") rotors and calipers. Advice with backspace, "offset" of the centers, and inside diameter of the "inner" rim would be greatly appreciated.
-OR-
Just tell us what fits and what does not!

Thanks,
Ed LoPresti
[607] [535] [4237]

Last edited by RacePro Engineering; 10-06-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Which BBS Wheels ? the real BBS race wheels or the consumer BBS wheels? Big difference.

Here is the only place I know of that has the BBS Race wheels.

http://www.bobwoodmantires.com/bwtrims.php
Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First of all, thanks for the link to Bob Woodman's site. I have appreciated the insight and information in many of your posts.

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Which BBS Wheels ? the real BBS race wheels or the consumer BBS wheels? Big difference.
Unless I am overlooking something, the answer to this question is in my original post:
Originally Posted by RacePro Engineering
- either the RS-Style, or the BBS Motorsports 20-bolt?

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Here is the only place I know of that has the BBS Race wheels . . . . .
Well. obviously BBS America, in Braselton, Georgia, has the BBS race wheels, too, but that is not what I am asking.

On this Forum, there are several individuals who regularly use the RS-style (1980's vintage street wheel), and the Motorsport 20-bolt ("real race wheels") on their C4s. I am hoping that one or some of these users are familiar with 16"ers and the J55 brake package, and will share with me their knowledge of fitment.

At any time, I can telephone Zak or Jamie at BBS, and get race wheels that will work with our 1995 hubs. However, finding the precise backspacing of the 16"-17" centers, and the correct "inners", in a 16" diameter, that will clear the J55 brakes, and still form a 10" or 11" wide wheel - that is the puzzle with which I need help.

I am attempting to avoid the trial-and-error routine. Thanks,
Ed

Get notified of new replies

To BBS Wheels - need HELP with fitment

Quick Reply: BBS Wheels - need HELP with fitment