Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvettes Announced for OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:57 PM
OptimaJim
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Corvettes Announced for OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Congratulations to Gary Harlan ('68 Vette) and Brian Nutter ('02 ZO6) on being invited to the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational. More Corvettes may be invited in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries
Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Can't wait to see them!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:01 AM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default thrash

I've called upon some talented customers/friends that could help me prepare.

Danny Popp and Paul at VanSteel have given me a magic suspension and alignment. The Secret Sauce Koni's Rock!

Rich, Eric, and the guys at Backstreet Performance in Ohio have spent many a day/night with me doing the Quartermaster clutch, powertrain, tuning, etc.

Mike and Brian Tooley at TEA CNC'd my stock heads to the limit.

Got a baby EPS cam and American Racing headers to make a bit more pop. It pulls REALLY strong to 7100rpm rev limiter with hydraulic roller.

Mark McMahon did a stellar harness bar for me and helped me install the Sparco EVO Seat and harness this last weekend.

I got a Fast 102 on the way along with a Vararam to maximize my little daily driver stock bottom-end 346. The Hardbar shift **** should help me shift the thing a bit more suredly. As for suspension, I have a few more parts coming in from Phadt that will help put the power down. Baer is working on some 14" front brakes, so I've got fingers crossed they'll be ready on time.

Special thanks to Wah on the forum for a good deal on c5z wheels to mount the Falken's on.

At this point, I'm really excited about the 10/10th's racing school at Putnam Park this weekend. I'll get a chance to throw the car around at speed. Jim at Stewart racing engines (Indy's Gasoline Alley) gave me some space to fab/prepare today, so I think I'm ready.

I'm going to have to face down seasoned competitors with big money, talent, and time around Spring Mountain; but I feel pretty good about it. It is the Optima Ultimate Street Car invitational after all and that's what my daily driver C5Z does 7 months out of the year. I'm hoping to put a Corvette at the top of the podium this year, so thanks for everyone's support!

Last edited by briannutter1; 10-21-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by briannutter1
I've called upon some talented customers/friends that could help me prepare.

Danny Popp and Paul at VanSteel have given me a magic suspension and alignment. The Secret Sauce Koni's Rock!

Rich, Eric, and the guys at Backstreet Performance in Ohio have spent many a day/night with me doing the Quartermaster clutch, powertrain, tuning, etc.

Mike and Brian Tooley at TEA CNC'd my stock heads to the limit.

Got a baby EPS cam and American Racing headers to make a bit more pop. It pulls REALLY strong to 7100rpm rev limiter with hydraulic roller.

Mark McMahon did a stellar harness bar for me and helped me install the Sparco EVO Seat and harness this last weekend.

I got a Fast 102 on the way along with a Vararam to maximize my little daily driver stock bottom-end 346. The Hardbar shift **** should help me shift the thing a bit more suredly. As for suspension, I have a few more parts coming in from Phadt that will help put the power down. Baer is working on some 14" front brakes, so I've got fingers crossed they'll be ready on time.

Special thanks to Wah on the forum for a good deal on c5z wheels to mount the Falken's on.

At this point, I'm really excited about the 10/10th's racing school at Putnam Park this weekend. I'll get a chance to throw the car around at speed. Jim at Stewart racing engines (Indy's Gasoline Alley) gave me some space to fab/prepare today, so I think I'm ready.

I'm going to have to face down seasoned competitors with big money, talent, and time around Spring Mountain; but I feel pretty good about it. It is the Optima Ultimate Street Car invitational after all and that's what my daily driver C5Z does 7 months out of the year. I'm hoping to put a Corvette at the top of the podium this year, so thanks for everyone's support!
Strong team support...good luck
Old 10-21-2010, 02:15 PM
OptimaJim
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Gary and Brian will also be joined by the Corvettes of Brent Jarvis ('65) and Steve Kelper ('06). Good luck to all competitors!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.powerpacknation.com

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes Announced for OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Quick Reply: Corvettes Announced for OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational