Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Control Arms vs. C6 control Arms (lower rears)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:37 AM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default C5 Control Arms vs. C6 control Arms (lower rears)

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody happens to know if the geometry of the C5 rear lower control arms is the same or different from the C6 rear lower control arms? (frame mounting points to ball joint).

I know that the spring mounting method is different, however, i'm looking at trying to see if I can save some of my C5 spares for emergency use at the track (C5 rear spring and lower control arms).

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited by jasonberkeley; 10-18-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I believe the geometry is the same, and the subframe compensates for the change in wheel base. HOWEVER, as you state, since the springs mount differently, I don't think they would be interchangable. I know the upper rears are different, as the frame mounts are the same but the wheels are backward 1.25"

Here is ebay photos. The C5 has a cut-out for the spring bolt, while the C6 has the flat surface for the spring adjuster to mount. Maybe interchangable with coil-overs, but not with OEM springs. Again, I THINK the geometry is the same, but can't say 100%
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

The C5 and C6 arms are not exactly the same. If you use coil overs you would be okay using either.

I also believe that the C6 arms put the rear wheels back about 3/4" in the wheel wells.

Only know this from research, when I was doing a TR6060 Tranny / C6 Z06 Differential install on my C5 and using a C6 rear cradle.

The C5 lower control arms work if you use coil overs.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jasonberkeley
Hi all,

Wondering if anybody happens to know if the geometry of the C5 rear lower control arms is the same or different from the C6 rear lower control arms? (frame mounting points to ball joint).

I know that the spring mounting method is different, however, i'm looking at trying to see if I can save some of my C5 spares for emergency use at the track (C5 rear spring and lower control arms).

Thanks,

Jason

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Control Arms vs. C6 control Arms (lower rears)

Quick Reply: C5 Control Arms vs. C6 control Arms (lower rears)