Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar Penske 8300 Dual adjustable coilover for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:15 AM
jayzelazo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hardbar Penske 8300 Dual adjustable coilover for sale

I am thinking of selling these to upgrade to triple adjustable 8700 as my car is getting more and more hardcare and is now just a trailer queen for time attack and autocross.

Hardbar Penske 8300 Dual adjustable coilovers
Harbar dual rate coilover springs
Harbar Delrin top shock mounts

New these same shocks would cost $4400.

They are off a C6 Z06 but would fit any C5/C6.

These have pin top mounts as the clevis mounts did not come out until 2009 and are significantly more money.

They were bought new in 2008 and have about 20 track days/events on them. Car was always towed to events as I run Hoosier R6 and A6s only. I have put maybe 700 miles on them in the steet.

However, the spring rates on the dual rate springs are very streetable. Turn the compression down and the ride is better or similar to stock.

I don't have pictures right now as the car is getting a new heads and diff put in and will be at my mechanics shop for another 2-3 weeks, but they are in perfect condition.

This car on the road course has been dominate in my region. On our local 2.4 mile road course I have set the lap record for a street legal car by over 3 seconds, and the shocks are a huge part of this. Other C6 Z06s with similar power are 3-4 seconds back.

Asking $3500.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
jayzelazo
Advanced

I will sell these with or without springs.

I have spring rates that work well for autocross and springs that work very well for road courses.

You need more front spring on autocross, but the adjustment range is great enough that the upping the rebound is sufficient for the higher rate front springs without a revalve.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:21 AM
jayzelazo
Advanced

I decided not to sell these last year to focus on another project, but am putting these back for sale as I plan to upgrade to new triple adjustable 8760s this season.

Car was only used for 3 autocross events in 2010 and so no street miles.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant you just replace the 8300 canister with the 8760 canister? Seems simple enough at first glance.

You just need to rebleed them and dyno them if you want to verify you got all the air out.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 AM
jayzelazo
Advanced

Originally Posted by autoxer6
Cant you just replace the 8300 canister with the 8760 canister? Seems simple enough at first glance.

You just need to rebleed them and dyno them if you want to verify you got all the air out.
Nope, not simple at all. The cost to convert 8300s to 8760s is almost the same as buying 8760s outright.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:44 PM
jimmyb496
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still for sale?
Are these shocks the correct length for factory replacement, or shorter for a lowered ride height?
What are the spring rates on the the springs you have for road course?

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar Penske 8300 Dual adjustable coilover for sale

Quick Reply: Hardbar Penske 8300 Dual adjustable coilover for sale