Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM equips Corvette Z06X with coil over suspension and chooses Pfadt Race Engineering

Old 11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default GM equips Corvette Z06X with coil over suspension and chooses Pfadt Race Engineering

Reporting from the invitation-only GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts) event at Spring Mountain racetrack here in Nevada, we have some fantastic news for everyone! Take a look at the pictures and read our press release below!

Much more detailed info, press release, and MORE pictures! at this website as well:
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...t-ar99285.html

Today GM announced the release of the General Motors Performance Parts Z06X Corvette and SSX Camaro. These uniquely track-equipped versions of the Corvette and Camaro will be built by GM and Pratt & Miller Engineering (of Corvette Racing and Camaro race car fame). Pfadt Race Engineering was selected as the exclusive and premier manufacturer for the suspension equipment on both vehicles. The Performance oriented packages will be available to the public through every GM dealer as part of the GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts) catalog. Boasting of select carbon bodywork, lightweight components throughout, increased horsepower, upgraded brakes, wheels and tires; this Corvette Z06X is the real deal track machine. Click the link above for full details!

The GM Track Pack cars are true beasts. GM has pulled out all of the stops, launching enthusiast vehicles that are factory built and ready for the road-course club racer. Interested customers can order their Corvette or Camaro package through their local GM dealership. The race cars are built by Pratt & Miller Engineering, the current constructer for GM’s highly successful ALMS/Compuware Corvettes. Customers will be able to take delivery of their race prepared packages for Corvette or Camaro and immediately have a capable race car, ready for competition at their local road course. Each vehicle will be equipped with a full compliment of tuned Pfadt Race Engineering suspension. Since the introduction of the C5 Corvette in 1997, racers have transformed the street cars into capable race cars and competed successfully against the likes of Ford, Dodge, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari. More recently, 5th Generation Camaro owners have enjoyed the same experience.

Proper Suspension. When it came time for GM and Pratt & Miller Engineering to equip the GMPP track pack cars with the best suspension products, they called Pfadt Race Engineering to get the job done. GM and Pratt & Miller could have chosen any of the existing companies to partner with, but chose Pfadt Race Engineering because of our engineering focus, our experience racing, and our commitment to the Chevrolet brand. Pfadt has the experience and products necessary to make both of these cars a success on the track; we have proven so for years with our highly successful suspension, powertrain and chassis products for the Corvette C5/C6/Z06 and 5th Generation Camaro.

Pfadt FeatherLight Generation Coil Overs. The much anticipated release of Pfadt Race Engineering's FeatherLight Generation Corvette coilovers is substantially closer to a street date. Featured on the GMPP Z06X Corvette the Pfadt FeatherLight Generation C5/C6 coilovers be double adjustable, remote reservoir, extremely light, and competition-ready. We could think of no better option for GMs inaugural coilover-equipped Corvette offering.

Official GMPP Licensing. All Pfadt products that are included in the GMPP Track Package cars (both Corvette and Camaro) will carry the official GMPP licensing, and will be the ONLY option for factory-backed performance suspension packages that incorporate a certification from your GM dealer (off road use only). Again, this is fantastic news as ordering a Pfadt suspension package will be as easy as picking up the GMPP catalog from your local GM dealership. This isn't just one set of coilovers, this is the entire package of products for both Corvette and Camaro. GM and Pfadt Racing have you covered.

GM Commitment. GMs intentions are clear regarding their position within the motorsport industry. Industry insiders often talk of competing companies who pledge to support racers by offering viable performance and track options. With the introduction of the Track Package cars, GM is taking a firm stance by launching two platforms to suit different budgets and competition levels. GM is not only providing options to their enthusiast base, they are also presenting the performance products in an á la carte manner through the GMPP sales network, allowing customers to purchase individual components, or the entire package.

Built to win. GM is taking the competition seriously, putting its best foot forward on the Z06X Corvette and SSX Camaro. GM has partnered with the most prestigious race car builder for the fabrication and preparation of these vehicles by choosing Pratt & Miller Engineering. Pratt & Miller is responsible for the handling of these identical duties on the factory extremely successful Corvette Racing and Camaro Racing programs. By selecting Pfadt Race Engineering as the suspension partner, GM has a winning combination. The Track Pack vehicles are built with the tested and tuned products that have already earned their pedigree with success in club racing. GM knows in order to improve their already fantastic platforms for racing, they need to turned to more specialized companies to handle the performance upgrades. These companies have different objectives that align more with the interests of racers and performance enthusiasts.

AND STAY tuned for more updates. We are literally at the GM event right now and will get more info as needed!

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 11-04-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow very nice. congrats.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats guys!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:12 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

awesome
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!! (But I still wish they'd give the bond holders their money back. Can you tell I'm bitter?)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Very well deserved for both your products and your commitment to customer service which are both excellent.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need one of these! Nice. Congrats
Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

sick I wonder how much $
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

"The Z06X Concept features competition-oriented modifications including: an adjustable carbon fiber rear wing, a polycarbonate rear window, roll cage, racing seat and safety harness, racing wheels, suspension enhancements – including coil-over struts with fully adjustable camber plates – racing-spec cooling system and more. The radio, carpeting and sound-deadening material are also removed."

Wow, they must have seriously modded it to put macpherson struts in the thing.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
tlc0706
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

What a better compliment to your company than this program.....Congratulations on the achievement.....
Old 11-01-2010, 09:29 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What class will they race in?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 708 Likes on 489 Posts

so this car will come from GM with a cage........??? I NEVER thought I'd see that in my lifetime!!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
so this car will come from GM with a cage........??? I NEVER thought I'd see that in my lifetime!!

It might come from GM but it appears it makes a pit stop at Pratt & Miller.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
What class will they race in?
Add 300 pounds of ballast and a 60mm restrictor, and you can race them in SCCA STO against Bob Mayer and his fully prepped World Challenge Corvette.

A little underpowered, but why not NASA ST1? The P&M tag, besides adding 30% to the price, ought to be worth 3 seconds a lap.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Congrats !!!!!!!

You guys are great 2010 Corvette Challenge sponsors.

Now I'm hoping someone brings one of these babies to one of our events

DH
Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Mitch3000
Instructor

Does it still have the MSRC that comes with the Z07 package or not?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

I want interior pics!

Get notified of new replies

To GM equips Corvette Z06X with coil over suspension and chooses Pfadt Race Engineering

Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Pratt miller cage on the alum frame,
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mitch3000
Does it still have the MSRC that comes with the Z07 package or not?
pilot sport cups from what i could see in the big pics
Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cost?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM equips Corvette Z06X with coil over suspension and chooses Pfadt Race Engineering