Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tryptophan Recovery Plan @ VIR Nov 28-29

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Tryptophan Recovery Plan @ VIR Nov 28-29

The Tryptophan Recovery Plan is back @ VIR; Sun. Nov. 28 & Mon. 29, 2010

Asphalt Ventures again delivers the stuff of HPDE/Lapping Day legend! The popular post Thanksgiving VIR track event that promotes advanced driving skills with tons of track time is back! Like last year it again opens its doors to Novices! This time, "the plan" has been expanded to [2] days, and garnishes the traditional Monday fare of the VIR (3.25 mile) Full Course lapping day with a Sunday afternoon serving of wet skid pad work and the rare appetizer of the 1.1 mile VIR Patriot Course!

Time to drive it like you stole it? Learn how, and do it! Registration is open on Motorsportsreg.com and via the Asphalt Ventures Tryptophan Recovery Plan web link. The setting is the gorgeous Virginia International Raceway facility (Alton VA), a premiere North American motorsports destination. The event fees are offered in the usual Asphalt Ventures “more than reasonable” structure. No other track group offers the AV menu of value – track time, event options & pro instruction - all at an exceedingly reasonable cost. High value & high speed together again!

Registration closes Nov. 25th, but don’t wait, the AV Tryptophan Recovery Plan Track Event traditionally fills quickly, as do the supporting VIR lodging facilities.

Beginners -- This is your chance to ease into the track experience. On Sunday, you will get classroom and skid pad sessions to learn the basics of car control. Then you will head to Patriot Course for a few sessions with an in-car instructor. On Monday, you will continue your fun with classroom and on-track, in-car instruction on Full Course.

Intermediate/Advanced, Solo and Instructors -- Plenty of track time on both days and some of the best classroom and seminar topics in the nation from Chuck Hawks and Peter Krause.

AV website: http://www.asphaltventures.com/Welcome.html

Event Details and Registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...EF9CD5110034B2

Or you can PM me for information via this forum.

-Kevin
Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

If car survives RA the weekend before, I would like to get one more VIR in for the year. I really learned a lot from the last event. I thought the in class instruction followed by on track drills were awesome. I hope it is not filled up by the 21st!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 PM
DansBlkonBlkZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I signed up for both days. I had a blast last year. The classroom instruction is the best I've been to. I've never done the Patriot Course and the skid pad events sounds like fun. I looked at the schedule and there is some serious track time. I'm counting the days.

Get notified of new replies

To Tryptophan Recovery Plan @ VIR Nov 28-29

Quick Reply: Tryptophan Recovery Plan @ VIR Nov 28-29