Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My used T1 sway bars just arrive for the C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 PM
andrewdonald1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My used T1 sway bars just arrive for the C5Z

Just arrived.

That front sway bar is a beast!! It's huge!!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice, did you get a rear bar with 3 holes or just one? What endlinks and bushings are you using with the T1 bars?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:57 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
Nice, did you get a rear bar with 3 holes or just one? What endlinks and bushings are you using with the T1 bars?
Curios also. Got some Pfadt Heavys coming Friday. Curious what endlinks you will be using. Stock GMs - $100; MTI - $200; LG - $300.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 AM
andrewdonald1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

rear bar is 3 hole.

The end links most likely are the ones that would have come with the kit originally.

The end links do need a little clean up.
I have a redundant set coming with my VB and P bushing set (poly) so I guess we'll find out when I get to actually installing them.
I also have the original bushings for them, but I was thinking I would try the poly.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by andrewdonald1
rear bar is 3 hole.

The end links most likely are the ones that would have come with the kit originally.

The end links do need a little clean up.
I have a redundant set coming with my VB and P bushing set (poly) so I guess we'll find out when I get to actually installing them.
I also have the original bushings for them, but I was thinking I would try the poly.
Sounds good. There is a lot of information posted here if you have any questions on how to properly install the bushings and endlinks. I did almost everything wrong 2-3 years ago when I installed mine and it made my car handle like crap.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just arrived.

IIRC, stock front is 11 lbs and T1 is 18 lbs
Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Curios also. Got some Pfadt Heavys coming Friday. Curious what endlinks you will be using. Stock GMs - $100; MTI - $200; LG - $300.
Pfadt offers endlinks; both quiet/street and all-metal/track.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

The only one to use http://www.powergridinc.com/ makes adjustments much easier, it's what I have on my race car & TT car.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Just arrived.

That's what she said
Old 11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by L98Terror
The only one to use http://www.powergridinc.com/ makes adjustments much easier, it's what I have on my race car & TT car.

I know this sounds kind of weeny, but car is a dd also, so noise is kind of an issue. Are these things super noisy? I like everything else about them though.

OP: Sorry to hijack your thread.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:09 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

The powergrid seem nice, and appear to be metric (unlike the GM units that are 1/2", and thread themselves into the control arm). However, they are expensive.

As far as I'm concerned, if noise is an issue don't use heims!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:10 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

I know this sounds kind of weeny, but car is a dd also, so noise is kind of an issue. Are these things super noisy? I like everything else about them though.

I've been running my stock endlinks with T1 bars with no issues. I know it's not "ideal", but it works for me and they are obviously quiet if you drive on the street.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:43 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
I've been running my stock endlinks with T1 bars with no issues. I know it's not "ideal", but it works for me and they are obviously quiet if you drive on the street.
redtop,

Not to hijack, but how much faster did that mod make your car? Do you think if I added T1 bars and re-used the stock endlinks that I could make up 2 sec. at VIR full?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I have them on my old ZO6 which is street driven and I don't really remember any noise issue. I also never really listened.

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
The powergrid seem nice, and appear to be metric (unlike the GM units that are 1/2", and thread themselves into the control arm). However, they are expensive.

As far as I'm concerned, if noise is an issue don't use heims!
What is nice is you can adjust them with out un-hooking them, you just loosen the nuts and turn the adjusting nut.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
redtop,

Not to hijack, but how much faster did that mod make your car? Do you think if I added T1 bars and re-used the stock endlinks that I could make up 2 sec. at VIR full?

Thanks

Well you want to change the endlinks so you have zero pre-load, you can't do that with stock end links.

T1 bars won't make you 2 seconds faster.

FYI In 2007 I did T1 bars, new '04 shocks (had a 03 Z06 with 36k miles) and new Hankook C70s vs C50s and picked up 2 seconds.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

im curious as to how to adjust the endlinks myself...just got some t1 bars i will be puttin on. I have 2 LG links and 2 stock...should I use the LGs for the front?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

you just load the car up so that it's resting on the suspenion (I have wooden blocks that I can put under the control arms), and simply adjust the end links until the bolt will go through without binding. However, if the springs are neutral (scaled) you will kep the bars and springs from binding against each other, but you could still easily have over 100lbs of "wedge" jacked into the car.

Get notified of new replies

To My used T1 sway bars just arrive for the C5Z

Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
you just load the car up so that it's resting on the suspenion (I have wooden blocks that I can put under the control arms), and simply adjust the end links until the bolt will go through without binding. However, if the springs are neutral (scaled) you will kep the bars and springs from binding against each other, but you could still easily have over 100lbs of "wedge" jacked into the car.
so attach the bar at the bushings first? then adjust the endlinks to proper length, thats it?

also, should i run the stockers (endlinks) up front, or back?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
redtop,

Thanks
It's hard to quantify what will net you X amount of seconds at a track. For me the biggest variable over the past few years since I started has been my driving. However, I did pick up 6 seconds at T-hill after going from stock bars with my coilovers to T1 bars. Again, it was mostly driving improvement, but the stiffer bars kept my car more stable and inspired more confidence for me.

What is nice is you can adjust them with out un-hooking them, you just loosen the nuts and turn the adjusting nut.
I like that design, makes things much easier.

Well you want to change the endlinks so you have zero pre-load, you can't do that with stock end links.

T1 bars won't make you 2 seconds faster.

FYI In 2007 I did T1 bars, new '04 shocks (had a 03 Z06 with 36k miles) and new Hankook C70s vs C50s and picked up 2 seconds.
I should add that I ran heim links for a while, but went back to stock because the way I have my car setup I have no preload with my stock endlinks (they slide in freely under load). I kept having trouble with the adjustable endlinks for some reason.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:38 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
so attach the bar at the bushings first? then adjust the endlinks to proper length, thats it?

also, should i run the stockers (endlinks) up front, or back?
To set zero pre-load, just disconnect one endlink front and back and keep the other side connected. Then load the car and adjust the unattached endlinks so they slide in freely. You can try stockers and see if they work for you with zero preload.

Quick Reply: My used T1 sway bars just arrive for the C5Z