Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ST-2 Car for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:24 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ST-2 Car for sale OR TRADE!

So, with this year sucking nearly as much as the last I've decided that school and life are taking the front seat and racing is not this car. I'd rather not see it sit like it did this year. So I figure I'll list it up for sale, and see if there is any interest. Wallyman can tell you she is/was a strong car and the only think lacking was someone that could really drive her

Brief into:
Built as a T1 car in 2005, from a CLEAN 1998 C5 doner car. Raced in SCCA for a few years in the south east, and did well (although the guy was a serious cheater). In 2007 the ls1 blew, and a crate motor ls6 was installed, As was a fresh T56 and rebuilt rear end. I bought the car in February 2008, and raced it in nasa ST-2. The car is one of the fastest cars in the region and I was always did well, losing only To wally. Over the winter (08-09) i installed, pfadt solid motor mounts, American racing headers and pfadt poly bushings. A new windshield was installed as well as a new tune for the car.

Engine:
New Ls6 short block 2012
new head gaskets, head bolts, head decked .005, 2012
ARP Head studs
New LS-2 timing chain
American racing headers, Racing series 1-7/8's primary's into a 3" collector
3" stainless exhaust, X pipe into American Racing turn downs. This was a custom system produced by AR for World Challenge Race cars
Pfadt Soild motor mounts
new plugs 2012
St-2 tune "detuned" to 383 whp, the car will make well over 400hp tuned
Spec Stage 1 clutch and flywheel
Hurst Short Shifter
LG Delrin Shift **** (with 2" riser)
Setrab Oil cooler
Big Radiator (not sure what brand)
Catch can

Suspension/brakes/wheels:
Penske triple adjustable 8100 series shocks. Rebuilt 02/09, and turned into coilovers with locking collars and bearings. All World Challenege Parts used, 600/700 spring rates
Pfadt Poly bushings for the entire suspension 02/09
Pfadt camber kit 02/08
Bear Bump steer kit (new)
T1 Bars, as well as z51 bars new endlinks as of 09/09
Stoptech 4 pot BBK (new) DTC70 pads
DRM brake ducts
Front 18x10.5's with 315's 2 Heat cycle r6's
Rear 18x12's with 335's 2 Heat cycle r6's
(I have 3 sets of wheels and many MANY tires)

Body/Other:
Weight 3180, shes a biggin, There is 180lbs bolted to the passenger side floor in 12/15 lb increments so you can mix/match weight based on fuel, etc.
1998 Coupe body
6 point SCCA approved cage with triple nascar bars.
Fulcrum Aeroworks Wing
ACP World Challenge Front bumper, and splitter
new windshield (02/09)
Turn One PS pump 6/08
Turn one rebuilt Rack 2012
Z51 power steering cooler
(many extra body parts here as well)

I'm sure I'm missing something but you can call 703-909-1220 for more info, as for price, in this economy I'd sell everything, all the spares, for 25K. I just moved to san diego and it looks like racing will not be in the cards anytime soon

here are a few pictures.

-Ross

Last edited by spazegun2213; 08-02-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

30k seems like a really good price, good luck with the sale ... I was hoping things would turn and we'd see you racing this year
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by L98Terror
30k seems like a really good price, good luck with the sale ... I was hoping things would turn and we'd see you racing this year
you and me both. Work was just insane this year. Right now I have worked enough this year that I could probably call my boss and say I'm not coming in the rest of the year and not run out of time off... I have THAT much overtime. Because school is taking so long, I'm going to try to double up on classes next year. This means I'll graduate earlier than expected but January to August, is really going to suck, and I'll be lucky to even see the track. All of this in combination with knowing I'm moving out of my house soon makes having a race car not as easy as I'd like. This has lead me to believe that the car will probably not get used like I want. I'm thinking of replacing it with a street car for the time being (c6z maybe), something that I can drive to/from the track for smaller events.

Given what the economy is, 30K looks like a deal, but someone has to really want the car. The nice thing is I'm not in a pinch to sell it, like last year, if she does not sell, I'll put more money into her and we'll see what happens.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice car and good luck with the sale. One thing that jumps out at me is how much power your engine produces. I wonder WTF is wrong with mine since it only makes 366 rwhp with longtubes, no cats, and the stock Ti catback with the best tune we can do. I have the stock clutch and tranny with a quaife diff. In NASA it's not such a big deal since I can just make my car lighter. How can you get over 400 rwhp from a stock LS6 I wonder? Did the open exhaust help that much or is your clutch/flywheel much lighter than stock? Thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

You can make over 400 rwhp with headers if you tune it with race gas. Our T1 car made 385 rwhp with stock manifolds running race gas. But when you run NASA you may as well tune it for pump gas and just take some weight out.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
You can make over 400 rwhp with headers if you tune it with race gas. Our T1 car made 385 rwhp with stock manifolds running race gas. But when you run NASA you may as well tune it for pump gas and just take some weight out.

in my old T1 Z, My stock GM crate motor with 100 unleaded, proper tune and a SAFE 12.6 air/fuel ratio made 382. I actually could have gotten a little more HP by leaning it out but then your sitting on a ticking time bomb.

Then we added the LG long tube headers per T1 rules and retuned again and got 402.8. My car was as legal as they get, but you must have a good tuner that knows what they are doing.

FINALLY A BUMP FOR spazegun2213 (ROSS)

This a great car, I had the chance to run with him and Wally at Summit Point last year.

Great deal for someone, you cant build one for this cheap.

Aaron
Old 11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My car makes 375 and it is running on a stock tune with manifolds and cats. Factory air box with a hole cut in it.

Good luck on the sale!

Tim
Old 11-12-2010, 03:16 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I totally forgot about running race gas :o. I'm running 91 octane pump gas. I didn't realize you could run race gas in T1, but that makes sense. Now I see why people say a T1 car could compete with an ST2 car. You could be over 400 rwhp and 3200 lbs in a C5 pretty easily.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
Thanks, I totally forgot about running race gas :o. I'm running 91 octane pump gas. I didn't realize you could run race gas in T1, but that makes sense. Now I see why people say a T1 car could compete with an ST2 car. You could be over 400 rwhp and 3200 lbs in a C5 pretty easily.
Yes sir! It was in my plans to do the 2011 NASA Nationals being they are at Mid-Ohio & my home track and only 45 minutes away.

My T1 car was very competitive the few times I ran with NASA at Mid-Ohio. If I could have added the big brakes and areo and the other free suspension mods, my car would have been right there. Great car to play with in ST2, plus the class has a lot of great people.

Car wont go too good after the run-offs now though.

Aaron
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

redtopz

my ls6 is a crate motor, that only has a few seasons on it (even then more like 1/2 seasons). With the American Racing Headers, 3" X pipes and dumps, it gave me ~30hp, easy. It gave me that untuned as well. I about passed out when the numbers came in. I was thinking I'd be a little high, and I told the tuner to detune the car. He looked at me like i was nuts and said "well.. thats the first time I've heard that!"

Because of this the car hovers at ~380 for a good long while as we took timing and fuel out of the top. Hell, I could probably run 89 in her now and not have to many problems, lol!!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
redtopz

my ls6 is a crate motor, that only has a few seasons on it (even then more like 1/2 seasons). With the American Racing Headers, 3" X pipes and dumps, it gave me ~30hp, easy. It gave me that untuned as well. I about passed out when the numbers came in. I was thinking I'd be a little high, and I told the tuner to detune the car. He looked at me like i was nuts and said "well.. thats the first time I've heard that!"

Because of this the car hovers at ~380 for a good long while as we took timing and fuel out of the top. Hell, I could probably run 89 in her now and not have to many problems, lol!!
Bump for you . You sure you got a LS6? . Sounds like a nice factory freak engine. Were you running on 93 octane?

Also, I've been trying to get a hold of ACP to order a front splitter/undertray like yours, but I can't seem to get a response. What exactly did you have to order for your front aero package? How do you like it? I've done a couple track events with a APR wing and no front aero and after a couple laps my car pushes like a pig. Thanks,

Bill.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redtopz
Bump for you . You sure you got a LS6? . Sounds like a nice factory freak engine. Were you running on 93 octane?

Also, I've been trying to get a hold of ACP to order a front splitter/undertray like yours, but I can't seem to get a response. What exactly did you have to order for your front aero package? How do you like it? I've done a couple track events with a APR wing and no front aero and after a couple laps my car pushes like a pig. Thanks,

Bill.
Bill,
yup, its an ls6 for sure, and its a factory freak. Right now I don't think I'd mind 40 less hp, but its fun to have a little something for wally somewhere

As for the aero stuff, the bumper is actually an Ecklers, and I think I got it from eckler. Its labeled something weird like "ground effects nose" or something like that. The splitter I did get from ACP, and it took ~3 weeks for them to make it and send it to me. Past that I have a alumilite under tray that mounts to the spring holes in the subframe. I had a shop mount it so it takes me about 10min to take the whole thing off so I cat get it in/out of my trailer with no problems.

My car never pushed to begin with, and the front aero I didnt notice as much as the addition of the wing on the back, OMG!! Its a different animal at high speeds, so much more stable.... Right now, I LOVE the setup of the car. I'd work with the suspension a little, but she has everything I'd ever need.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 362 Likes on 284 Posts

Bump for Ross - he secretly wants back into an STi......
Old 01-21-2011, 04:42 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

ok, so I just put a contract in on a home, YAY! but it has not garage, BOO! but I'm going to build a garage, YAY! So I'd like to see if i can really sell this car since school, work, new house, etc are all going to make sure I don't race this car much or at all this year. I'd like to see someone who will in it.

With that in mind I'm offering my car up for trade as well. I'd take a c5 plus a little cash or c6 as trade for my baby.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Well School is done which is nice, but I still don't have a garage (stupid county). Car is still in storage, and I'd probably be willing to make a good deal on everything. With getting married in 2012, I don't see much racing in my near future.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man that stinks! Hate to see Corvette racers selling off their machines but I'm sure it is the right decision. GL with the sale an hopefully someone on the forums will pick it up!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
man that stinks! Hate to see Corvette racers selling off their machines but I'm sure it is the right decision. GL with the sale an hopefully someone on the forums will pick it up!
Its tough, we'll see what happens. If I keep the car it will see some action in 2012

Get notified of new replies

To ST-2 Car for sale

Old 12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

If this car was run in NASA TT what group would it have to run in TTU or could it run something lower!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

$t2 = tt$
Old 12-11-2011, 05:51 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drivinhard
$t2 = tt$