Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat reclining unintentionally on track?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:13 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Seat reclining unintentionally on track?????

My seat is reclining back during track sessions. It seems to lean a bit left and then it ratchets back on the right, so as the track session progresses, the seat ratchets back and the seat becomes more and more reclined which obviously is not a good thing. Low riding is not an approved driving position and it certainly isn't helping my track times.

Has this happened to anyone before and is there a fix for it other than going to the dealership for a warranty repair? Any help would be appreciated greatly. I have another track day tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:55 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
My seat is reclining back during track sessions. It seems to lean a bit left and then it ratchets back on the right, so as the track session progresses, the seat ratchets back and the seat becomes more and more reclined which obviously is not a good thing. Low riding is not an approved driving position and it certainly isn't helping my track times.

Has this happened to anyone before and is there a fix for it other than going to the dealership for a warranty repair? Any help would be appreciated greatly. I have another track day tomorrow.
It's happened to most of us after we have tracked our car several times, and it gets worse over time. The best fix is to replace the stock seat with a fixed-back racing seat, if you're going to keep going to the track.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I suffer from the same problem ! Two things you can do that don't cost any money. 1) When adjusting the seat before each session wiggle the back portion to make sure that the ratcheting mechanism is firmly seated and locked. 2) Cut an appropriately thick piece of styrofoam and place between the seat back and bulkhead wall. Not elegant by any means but it works.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
... 1) When adjusting the seat before each session wiggle the back portion to make sure that the ratcheting mechanism is firmly seated and locked. .....
Been there, done that.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat reclining unintentionally on track?????

Quick Reply: Seat reclining unintentionally on track?????