Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Hitch with Stingers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM
72Vega
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trailer Hitch with Stingers?

I am going to mount a trailer hitch on my C6 coupe that has a set of Borla Stingers installed. Anyone know if the standard Curt hitch will work? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not apples to apples, but I had Stingers (dual tip) on my C5Z with a trailer hitch and it was not an issue.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:41 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 72Vega
I am going to mount a trailer hitch on my C6 coupe that has a set of Borla Stingers installed. Anyone know if the standard Curt hitch will work? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks!
I don't know anything about Borla Stingers. I do know about the Curt hitch, because I have one on my '06 C6.

You will need about 2" between the two muffler cans for the center tube part of the hitch. This prevented the hitch install with the Corsa Touring mufflers on my C6. So I sold them, put the original mufflers back on, and then the hitch went on with no problems.

I don't think there will be any other places where your mufflers will cause clearance problems, but I don't know anything about the dimensions of Borla Stingers.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

will the Curt hitch work with the NPP cut outs?

Get notified of new replies

To Trailer Hitch with Stingers?

Quick Reply: Trailer Hitch with Stingers?