Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Brace: DTE or ECS

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 PM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Brace: DTE or ECS

They both have advantages and disadvantages. The transmission brackets are differently configured in the two designs. The ECS design lower transmission plates seem to distribute the force over a smaller surface area. Is that a problem? Has anyone heard of structural failures of either of the two designs?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

been running the ECS brace for some time on a road course and some 1/4 mile runs. Probably not as necessary for RR as it is for hard launches in 1/4, but extra protection on the street from wheel hop is always nice.

I dont know of any failures with either unit.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:07 AM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
been running the ECS brace for some time on a road course and some 1/4 mile runs. Probably not as necessary for RR as it is for hard launches in 1/4, but extra protection on the street from wheel hop is always nice.

I dont know of any failures with either unit.

My main interest is autocross. With A6 tires there can be some wheel hop and drive train shake.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:39 AM
c5_4_me
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DTE here. Installed a year ago. I noticed the rear of the car felt noticeably more "solid" but I have still experienced "wheel hop" when launching hard on street tires. I never had a problem before nor after the DTE brace when launching hard on bias-ply drag slicks.

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission Brace: DTE or ECS

Quick Reply: Transmission Brace: DTE or ECS