Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG G2 or GT2

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LG G2 or GT2

Prices from forum vendors have the G2s priced $500 more than the GT2s. Are they worth it? I don't really care about adjustability and I am not sure if I want the aggravation of trying to get them right. But for $500 I might be willing to do it. That's almost an extra track weekend.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob's 73
Prices from forum vendors have the G2s priced $500 more than the GT2s. Are they worth it? I.
The G2's have different components - Bilsteins shocks and Hypercoil springs.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:36 AM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Even though you don't think you need adjustability right now, you might later down the road. Springs and swaybars take care of the bulk of the suspension duties, but good adjustable shocks tie it all together. LG Motorsports use to talk about Inverted shocks are the only way to go, but now that they sell ones that aren't, you never hear about it anymore. I wish the better quality G2's were adjustable.

Steve A.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

The more expensive ones have better components, are made from aluminum, have seperate gas chamber, and have name brand hardware. Once they are set up, you are done. Even LG himself will say he made the product to compete with the Pdfat adjustable. Everybody wants adjustability at the cost of a higher quality shock, not sure how many actually even know how to use it. I'd go with the higher quality coil-over than just trying to get some minimal adjustability.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Even though you don't think you need adjustability right now, you might later down the road. Springs and swaybars take care of the bulk of the suspension duties, but good adjustable shocks tie it all together. LG Motorsports use to talk about Inverted shocks are the only way to go, but now that they sell ones that aren't, you never hear about it anymore. I wish the better quality G2's were adjustable.

Steve A.

Steve,

The G2's are inverted and yes it is a better way to go. With everyone wanting an adjustable shock, at a lower price there was no way to do so with the GT2's.

I can do inverted adjustable shocks, but figure the set is going to be north of $8000.

I can do adjustable front shafts on the normal G2's for a little bit of a price difference. PM me if you are interested. The way the shocks are, and the fork mount at the rear there is no way to currently do the rears without a lot of work to the car.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Prices from forum vendors have the G2s priced $500 more than the GT2s. Are they worth it? I don't really care about adjustability and I am not sure if I want the aggravation of trying to get them right. But for $500 I might be willing to do it. That's almost an extra track weekend.
Shoot me a PM and we can cover what might be better for your setup.

Both are great products and each has their benefits, just depends if those benefits are what you are looking for from them. The nice part about the G2's is that they are built to order so they are more of a custom built part.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Shoot me a PM and we can cover what might be better for your setup.

Both are great products and each has their benefits, just depends if those benefits are what you are looking for from them. The nice part about the G2's is that they are built to order so they are more of a custom built part.
If the G2's are not adjustable how are they compared to say just upgrading to hyperco HPT springs and forget the coilovers all together...
I just want to prevent the frontend from diving on my C6 Z51 and was wondering if coilovers are an overkill..
Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by trapp
If the G2's are not adjustable how are they compared to say just upgrading to hyperco HPT springs and forget the coilovers all together...
I just want to prevent the frontend from diving on my C6 Z51 and was wondering if coilovers are an overkill..
Well not really an apples to apples comparison..

Just using a HyperCo spring, all you are doing is changing the spring rate of the car and using a better spring.

Going to coil overs not only changes spring rates but also changes the shock, wheel rates, droop, the shock mounts, removes weight......there are a lot more changes when you go to a coil over setup on the car and more benefits than just a change of spring rate.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:40 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any issues with the inverted shock's spring rubbing on the boot in the rear on C6's?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dfinke23
Any issues with the inverted shock's spring rubbing on the boot in the rear on C6's?
No sir
Old 11-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Originally Posted by trapp
I'd like to eliminate front end dive as well. I think it is making the rear light making it hard to stay out of ABS. When I get on the brakes hard the DIC alerts me that ABS is active but I don't feel it in the pedal. For the most part I ease into the brakes rather than jumping on them. Once ABS is on I try to ease off as the braking zone permits. However if I need to stop faster there is quite a bit more braking ability available.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I swapped out some adjustable coilovers for the G2 coilovers earlier this year and I'm very happy. After messing around with adjusting ride heights and shock settings, I realized I would be better off with a proven coilover setup by LG and Bilstein. And I liked the spring rates they came with. The inverted design and spherical shock mounts are superior to the pin type mounts. My lap times have dropped with the G2's .
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Bills Z06
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

I'm also trying to decide on whether to use the G2 or the GT2. So far, I'm leaning towards the G2s. Anybody got a set they want to get rid of?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

I'd like to eliminate front end dive as well. I think it is making the rear light making it hard to stay out of ABS. When I get on the brakes hard the DIC alerts me that ABS is active but I don't feel it in the pedal. For the most part I ease into the brakes rather than jumping on them. Once ABS is on I try to ease off as the braking zone permits. However if I need to stop faster there is quite a bit more braking ability available.
Better handling is only part of the equation. your braking will also improve dramatically. You will need less pedal effort and will actually use more of your rear brakes as they car is transfering all the weight to the front. Turn in will be better because you won't have to wait that 1/2 second for the car to stabilize before you turn in. It is something you actually need to get use to...in a good way.

Get notified of new replies

To LG G2 or GT2

Quick Reply: LG G2 or GT2