Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Bride Gias or copies in C5 or C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Installing Bride Gias or copies in C5 or C6

You can easily install the Gias or copies with our mounting brackets. You will have the stock seat belt buckle and locations for mounting a 4, 5 or 6 point harness.

They normally come with sliders but often they need to be relocated. The seat we received had the sliders bolted in the outside of two mounting locations. We relocated them to the inner holes.

Originally the sliders had the spacers below installed between the slider and the seat. They are there to create a gap so when you pull up on the bar to release the sliders, you do not hit the underside of the seat before the sliders completely disengages.

When we relocated the sliders we removed them to gain even more headroom. We installed the sliders in reverse of how they came. Normally the little black spring faces the front and you pull up to release the sliders. But you can also install them with the spring facing the rear. When you do, you push DOWN on the bar to move the sliders, so no chance of hitting the seat. Pretty cool, huh and you gain headroom!

We do plan on making a leather cover for this style seat. Cloth copies are inexpensive in a number of places. Our brackets are $159 to install them. Again, you'll gain headroom, have a snug holding seat and are able to mount the stock seat belt buckle and a harness.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Joe_Knesek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time I've seen detailed photos of a Bride seat. I've been tempted in the past but just can't figure out what is authentic & what's a copy.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Joe_Knesek
This is the first time I've seen detailed photos of a Bride seat. I've been tempted in the past but just can't figure out what is authentic & what's a copy.
The seat in the picture is a copy. Genuine Bride seats are sold thru the company below in the US. They can tell you who their distributors are.

http://www.tees-usa.com/
Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

I wanted to let people know that F1SPEC will start a sale on these seats at midnight PST.

http://www.f1spec.com/spr1rebuse.html
Old 11-24-2010, 07:55 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by arizen
I wanted to let people know that F1SPEC will start a sale on these seats at midnight PST.

http://www.f1spec.com/spr1rebuse.html
How much....shipped, WITH your brackets.....and without your brackets? Please give me a call or e-mail.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:26 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
How much....shipped, WITH your brackets.....and without your brackets? Please give me a call or e-mail.
I don't sell the seat. I just try to let people know when I hear about any discounts. I just paid $350 shipped but I'd expect it will go down tonight.

Our bracket is $159 plus $14 shipping.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:35 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arizen
Our bracket is $159 plus $14 shipping.
http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pa.../C5-C6/C5C6MBR
Old 11-28-2010, 04:39 PM
4wheels
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for checking these seats out & posting the info. I've been looking at these "Bride" style seats for a couple years now but have been hesitant to spend the money not knowing if they'd fit. They seem like a great option for those of us that still want a recliner seat with ability to use harnesses & get much more lateral support.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4wheels
Thanks for checking these seats out & posting the info. I've been looking at these "Bride" style seats for a couple years now but have been hesitant to spend the money not knowing if they'd fit. They seem like a great option for those of us that still want a recliner seat with ability to use harnesses & get much more lateral support.
Your welcome. I want people to have options. Those that find they cannot fit in this seat (like me) may consider our seat conversion discussed in other threads.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4wheels
Someone just installed them today in a C5. You can see pictures at the end of the thread below. He brought the brackets from us and we supplied the hardware to mount the sliders to our bracket.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...-c5-or-c6.html

Get notified of new replies

To Installing Bride Gias or copies in C5 or C6

Quick Reply: Installing Bride Gias or copies in C5 or C6