Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting ACP C6 World Challenge bodywork questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
jkittleson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mounting ACP C6 World Challenge bodywork questions

I order the WC bodywork for my C6 and have a few questions.

1) What are you guys doing with the inner fenders for the front fenders? My stock C6 inner liners won't line up. In all the pictures I see, it doesn't appear people are using the Z06 front rear liners...

2) What are you doing for brake ducts? Are you using the ACP stuff, or using the stock Z06/aftermarket brake ducts? How are you routing this from the front grill area?

If anyone has some pictures, that would help alot.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I used the ACP liners, but I was converting a C5. I would have assumed your OEM liners would line up, as they made the molds from pre-production OEM parts.

As for brake ducts, I opened up the OEM fog-light locations. I probably ran them through the frame-rail, as that's the only place to run them if you don't want them getting knocked off/cut up all of the time. I know I did my C5 that way.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
jkittleson
Racer

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I used the ACP liners, but I was converting a C5. I would have assumed your OEM liners would line up, as they made the molds from pre-production OEM parts.

As for brake ducts, I opened up the OEM fog-light locations. I probably ran them through the frame-rail, as that's the only place to run them if you don't want them getting knocked off/cut up all of the time. I know I did my C5 that way.
Thanks.

The C6 and Z06 inner liners are different. Any picture I see of one, does not have the molded black plastic showing on the fender. Plus, as you know, the holes are not drill/located for these.

Do you have any pics of the brake ducts through the frame? Are you drilling a 3" hole in between the upper a-frame?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I built mine from a standard C6 and used the stock inner fenders. Most of the holes lined up, there were a few that didn't though. I slotted the holes for adjustment.

The best way to mount the brake ducts is in the radiator opening. I have a duct on each side of the opening and the center is boxed in and is the same width as the radiator. If you look closely at my avatar, you can see them. When you do this, you will notice that the frame rails are lined up perfectly with your brake ducts. You just need to cut a hole in the frame, box in the connection to the ducts, and cut another hole by the a arm to connect your hose to. I have the oil cooler mounted behind one of the foglights.

I would also suggest you tilt the radiator forward. You get better flow thru and you get the added bonus of better access to the front of the engine. I didn't do that myself, but I am planning on changing this over the winter.

Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
815-254-2631
Old 11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
jkittleson
Racer

Thanks Vette Doctor. That makes sense.

Get notified of new replies

To Mounting ACP C6 World Challenge bodywork questions

Quick Reply: Mounting ACP C6 World Challenge bodywork questions